Hangars and fighter storage

Kenospsychi

Suggestion

It would be nice if hangars were reworked to be more like torpedoes. We could have a hangar block that the fighters enter and exit the ship from, this block would allow the main ship to support up to 10 squads of 12 fighters each. The second block would be a storage hangar. The storage hangar would be responsible for storage of excess fighters beyond the current 120 limit and also the manufacturing of fighters.

These fighters would not be accessible during combat to maintain current game play balance, or perhaps add a timer for the transfer of a fighter from the storage area to the squad hangar and then add a system up-grade module that would reduce that time.

The design of ships in this game seem to revolve around function which I really like and right now, even though I think its awesome I can launch fighters, my main battleship wasn't intended to be my main carrier as well.

1 answer to this suggestion

Hangars currently serve both functions. Your exposed hangars determine your launch speed (I think it's currently it's total fighter capacity every 30 seconds) while your non-exposed hangars are strictly fighter storage space.