Daily limit on research?

cdrdave

I just discovered today, at the worst moment, that there is a 1000 item limit in your inventory for turrets.  I found out after beating the AI for the 1st time and couldn't collect all those neat reds and golds... :/  With that said, I went to the deepest research facility I have mapped and began to upgrade all of the normal items I have.  I really should have kept count, but after a number of upgrades, I quit getting any success at all...no matter what combination of input items I used.

Is there a limit per day (per station / per hour??) to the number of times you can upgrade items at a research station?  I tried reloading, but I'm still getting 100% no upgrade even using 5 of the same items.

Woah, really? If you give 5 common items from 5 different stacks, you’re supposed to receive one uncommon item. 3 common items gives an uncommon one 60% of the time. 5 common items from 1 stack won’t add or subtract inventory space. (And there’s more information about researching.)

Try putting 5 common turrets in. Do you really not receive a green uncommon item? To answer your question, there’s no limit.

That is correct.  It works as designed for a while, and then just stops.  I saved up a LOT of gear before trying out research...in  fact, I maxed out inventory at 1000 items.  After so many upgrades (which did work correctly), it just stopped working.

I closed the game, reloaded, and it did the same thing.  I'm going to check again this evening (another day altogether) and see if it has reset somehow.  That's why I was wondering if it was a daily limit or something similar.

That shouldn't be happening. Are you color blind and mixing the wrong rarities? You can confirm by the name of the rarity, in case you are.

About the limit, you can increase it by going here:

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Avorion\galaxies

then pick your galaxy's folder and edit the "server" file. Might be called server.ini.

In the file, change PlayerInventorySlots from 1000 to what you want. If you could research, you wouldn't have this problem for a long time.

Didn't know about the ini editing, thx, I might mess with that later.

Yeah, I'm sure on the item similarity.  Tried again this evening, but I was out of common items, so I could only use uncommon and above and everything seemed to work correctly.  From now on, I'll video capture when I save up a bunch of items to upgrade to see if I can get it to happen again.