Suggestion for a Mega station where it has all the function of all other station

Zorroexe1991

Suggestion

Having multiple stations will cause lag for low-tier PC, having 1 station where it handle all factory or station function reduce the stress on the PC. With the main objectives of reducing stress on low-tier PC.

Idea:

Players spend the same amount of credit to unlock the factory/station as per normal, but in this case, instead of having multiple station floating around, it's all unlocked  into one. (Ie, Basic, Low-tech, Advanced, High-tech, and other others like shipyard, etc).

Where currently, stations can have up to 6 manufacturing bar, i suggestion this Mega station to have 1 bar for all other products,  to reduce the cluttering of bar in space.

Have a separate window, or tab to view the amount of products produced on each cycle or completion of the bar. Views only the net result in cases where output of a factory is an input of another factory. IE, Raw oil ->Oil.  In math, it's produce of 10 Raw oil, but consumed 10 raw oil to produce 10 oil, so in net it's 10 Oil.

Player can have only 1.

Products manufactured all goes into cargo as per normal.

To ease the RAM and CPU stress on the PC, NPC Traders should not spawn in, but the sales of products should be warped out. (IE sales of products through warp human-size gate inside the station).

Different types of Mega station:

-Mega-station Manufacturer, to have x% bonus in products produced. But lead to higher rate of bandit attacks.

-Mega-station Military Camp, to have additional Armed turret slots inherited by nature. Reduction in products produced.

-Mega-station Wormhole, able to construct a wormhole with cost of material (distance to core) and credits, but with higher chance of attacks from Xsotan with attack/threat level according to the other entrances sector (if it's Avorion zone, it's Avorion level).

2 answers to this suggestion

I second this, just with a slightly different approach.

I also believe it would be a lot better to have the ability to have multiple production lines in a single station than to be forced to built a station for every single type of product , especially in Multiplayer.

My approach:

Everything would work like now, buy a station founder ship at a shipyard, park it somwhere, transform it into the station of your choice.

The difference would be, that the "Interact" menu would feature a new button "Add production", which leads to the same menu when transforming a station builder ship. You choose your type of station, pay the money, production line gets added.

This would obviously require a pretty well made station GUI, otherwise it would be easy to loose overview over all productions.

Maybe add a small extra fee per station type above one, plus some extra mechanics necessary ( plus the costs of the station/production itself, of course), or the maximum amount of production lines could require a certain size of station ( maybe simply link it to upgrade slots, so maximum size = 15 Production lines or something similar ).

Since I played the X series, I need to make you aware of a problem which needs to be solved in this case :

Storage allocation

If we had the ability to have multiple production modules per station, we need to be able to allocate the exact storage amount per ware.

Otherwise this would result in a lot of chaos. As a preset you could use [storage Size] / [sum of all base ware sizes] = amount of maximum ware. ( Example : Wares A/B/C with sizes 1/2/3 and 300 Storage -> 300/6 -> 50 of each Ware can be stored )

Btw, "Logical Overview" of a X station, this is pretty badass :

32698E9E609A40CD98A4F3693DB15E6F4C429104

Maybe you can draw some inspiration from this ^^

Edit :

I just saw that having the ability for vertical production (read : production modules and megacomplexes) was something that was suggested quite often in one way or another.

You Devs might want to have an eye out for that, it seems like a feature that would be quite well received ;)