Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Needing Help with Money and Resource Generation

Drascalicus

To start things off, I always play on insane. That said, I have breached the core and I am starting the process of gearing up to fight at 0:0, but I am stumbling on gathering enough cash and resources to force this effort to expand to meet my quotas in 24 or so hours rather than 40-60 I am dreading grinding out.

I currently have 15M Credits, 4 ships with 5 R-Mining Lasers (see details below) each, about 1.7M Avorion, 2M Ogonite,  and a handful of the other resources from 1M to 100k, and a steel factory.

Mining Laser:

Ogonite

56.8 DPS

97.5 Efficiency

2 Slot

My goal is

~500M credits

~20M Avorion

~5-6M Ogonite

With trading and raiding being an absolute slog for almost no profit, being where I tried initially to make any sort of cash (along with mining robots being useless), stations that are barely feasible, it seems that mining is my only option, but I am only pulling about 100-300k resources per hour. I am hoping to get this to 1M resources per hour. I am no expert on what the AI does in the background where nothing is rendered.

If I increase the number of mining turrets on my ships, will my mining rate go up by about a linear factor?

If I increase the number of mining ships, (my current number already drains 2-3 sectors before they jump to refine the ores), will that also increase the rate. And along with that, will they still work if I split them into numerous sectors even if I am over the "sectors active limit" placed on me?

Should I give up on mining for money and do something else?

To start things off, I always play on insane. That said, I have breached the core and I am starting the process of gearing up to fight at 0:0, but I am stumbling on gathering enough cash and resources to force this effort to expand to meet my quotas in 24 or so hours rather than 40-60 I am dreading grinding out.

I currently have 15M Credits, 4 ships with 5 R-Mining Lasers (see details below) each, about 1.7M Avorion, 2M Ogonite,  and a handful of the other resources from 1M to 100k, and a steel factory.

Mining Laser:

Ogonite

56.8 DPS

97.5 Efficiency

2 Slot

My goal is

~500M credits

~20M Avorion

~5-6M Ogonite

With trading and raiding being an absolute slog for almost no profit, being where I tried initially to make any sort of cash (along with mining robots being useless), stations that are barely feasible, it seems that mining is my only option, but I am only pulling about 100-300k resources per hour. I am hoping to get this to 1M resources per hour. I am no expert on what the AI does in the background where nothing is rendered.

If I increase the number of mining turrets on my ships, will my mining rate go up by about a linear factor?    I believe so, yes.

If I increase the number of mining ships, (my current number already drains 2-3 sectors before they jump to refine the ores), will that also increase the rate.

Yes.

And along with that, will they still work if I split them into numerous sectors even if I am over the "sectors active limit" placed on me?

This one, I am not sure of.

Should I give up on mining for money and do something else?

The way I play, is Mining is passive, or a background activity.  I would suggest, stay at it.  And because its running in the background, you can do other things.

Really big money, is in Factories and Mines.

Here is a link you can check out for a variety of info (vids) (Shrike Gaming).

Maddog has some decent vids as well, here.

I read here recently that sectors are simulated entirely, with the only difference, I imagine, being that textures aren’t loaded. If that’s true, then adding more turrets would only quicken the whole process during the time that the miner mines—it still needs to navigate and rotate. So, extra turrets may speed things up, but don’t forget about acceleration, deceleration, and rotation. With your spectacular turrets, though, I’d consider adding more miners to the fleet.

If you don’t mind piracy, search for stations (or freighters) that have huge quantities of expensive goods. I did this once and gained almost ¢1 billion from a loaded military outpost with body armor and a freighter with processors. I only did this to a proper faction called, “The Pirates of...” but now factions of this name are called, “The Buccaneers of...”

Another way to earn money, but only a few million instead of a billion: search for antigrav unit factories on the map (could be the wrong name) and find a sector with many of these factories. Visit it and you’ll probably get multiple urgent requests for processors, like I had. I haven’t tried stations yet, but I’d like to experiment with a processor factory in this sector.