Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Split "Refine ores" order into "Refine ores" and "Pick up resources"

Gorbald

Suggestion

It would be nice if this order could be split into two. With the first order (called "Refine ores"), the ship would dock to the refinery, pick up finished resources if there are any (as it does now), but would not wait for the ores it brought to be refined. Instead, it would move on to the next order (or just stop if there is none).

With the second order, the ship would dock to the refinery and just pick up refined resources if there are any, but if the refinery is still refining, the ship would wait for it to finish and pick the resources when they are ready.

This would be particularly useful for mining carriers with a lot of fighters and a large cargo hold, which are very expensive and it's efficient to send them back to mining right after they have left ores at a refinery. This can be done manually, but if this suggestion is implemented, players will be able to automate it.

Thanks in advance for considering!

P.S. alternative:

-leave the "Refine ores" order as is

-new order "Leave ores for refining" that would be similar, but the ship would move on to next order instead of waiting for ores to be refined

5 answers to this suggestion

Hi Gorbald

There may be an in-game partial solution for you.

If you build your own Resource Depot, you can install a chunk of Assembly Blocks.

Depending on the amount of your Assembly Blocks, your Refining Speed will improve.

I need to do further testing on this, so I do not yet know if the advantage tapers off or whether it is on a linear scale.

If anyone knows, please share  :)

Thanks. I tested it and the refining speed has a really low cap, so it does not solve the problem. The best you can get is that refining 1 000 000 ore takes about 10 minutes. Adding 4 times more assembly does not help. So it's much better to send that mining carrier back to mining 10 minutes earlier. It would be really nice if sending it back to mining right after it leaves the ores at the resource depot could be automated. I suppose that was the idea with refining ores, that you leave them there and pick them up later :)

I have used alternate ships set up to do this for me, remotely.

For example:  I have three mining ships, and one more crappy one.  When my miners get full up, I order it to the Resource Depot.

Once it drops in its cargo, I order it back to the Sector I am mining in.

From there, the alternate ship will be told to REFINE - where it will now wait for RSS and grab em when they are ready.

Yes I know you can manually send the mining ships back to mining right after they have left ores at a refinery. But you have to do it manually at the correct moment.

If this suggestion is implemented, players will be able to automate it (with a loop). 

BTW, If you are manually sending the mining ships away from the refinery, then that "crappy ship" you use is not needed. Your mining ships will pick up the refined resources next time they bring new ores to the refinery (provided that you use the same one next time).