Uncritical but too large update in component: Durability

jspiers667x

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have only recently started running a dedicated server on a windows based NUC. initially it was running fine, though at most 4 players online. as of last night/today two players are reporting lag, I see this error show up and see my upload is capping my bandwidth, which is only ~10Mbps, but seems kind of insane that this is happening with only two players online. I don't know the exact specifics of what kind of battle is happening, but seems to be when they engage in a battle with computer controlled opponents.

CPU is i5-6260U, very periodically I see CPU usage peak to 90%+. but usually ~20-30%
8Gb RAM, has been pretty stable, at ~2Gb used, though seen it go much higher with more players online, specifically the CMD process was using ~6.7Gb, need to to more testing to ensure its the number of players that is affecting memory usage
SSD storage, usage never blips. I don't think it ever pokes the drive at all
Network, upload is my definite bottleneck. not sure if running it on a linux dedicated server rather than windows would make it more efficient. windows is a pig, but I think its the server itself that is generating such large amounts of data for upload that is the core issue.

does enabling profiling provide any usable information to help troubleshoot or provide helpful data to the developers?