Things that bug me

TrashMan

1 - no retro engine/thruster. And I mean REAL retros. Powerful, big one. Like main engines, but in reverse.

2 - you can cover up engine exhausts, it does not mater. This one really bothers me.

3 - too much weapon randomness. Far too many weapons without rhyme or reason. I've found size 1 turrets that do 10x more damage than far larger turrets. What's the point of size? Shouldn't bigger turrets be more powerful and longer ranged, at the expense of turning speed (hence, being better at attacking larger targets)

Also, because of the sheer randomness, you almost never have more than 1 turrets of a kind. So equipping your ship evenly is downright impossible. It triggers my autism.

1 - no retro engine/thruster. And I mean REAL retros. Powerful, big one. Like main engines, but in reverse.

2 - you can cover up engine exhausts, it does not mater. This one really bothers me.

3 - too much weapon randomness. Far too many weapons without rhyme or reason. I've found size 1 turrets that do 10x more damage than far larger turrets. What's the point of size? Shouldn't bigger turrets be more powerful and longer ranged, at the expense of turning speed (hence, being better at attacking larger targets)

Also, because of the sheer randomness, you almost never have more than 1 turrets of a kind. So equipping your ship evenly is downright impossible. It triggers my autism.

1. I’m content without rear-facing engines, but will love them if they’re added. I doubt this’ll happen.

2. I sometimes cover engines in glass and like to see the exhaust. I admit, sometimes I have to reposition my engines within my ship to hide the exhaust, but I prefer to keep this as it is. Only if engines may still be covered by glass and neon blocks will I accept an engine that doesn’t produce exhaust when fully covered.

3. I’m open to a weapon overhaul, but weapons are fine as they are, in my opinion, so I’m not interested in planning it. If YOU are interested, join (or begin) a discussion after reading its message history, but do this sooner than later or the developers could update faster than you write, lol.

You should know that as of a recent update, you may now reproduce any of your weapons at turret factories because turrets can be made into blueprints and produced infinitely. Have fun with this! Also, don’t forget about designing turret shapes and projectile color in the fantastic turret editor.

The turret prices are bonkers

And covering up engines make no damn sense. Changing the glow color for aesthetic sense, OK?

But covering engines behind layers of armor is just cheaty

Oh, I see you meant that you don’t like that people can hide engines, not that the exhaust shows through blocks. I misunderstood this.

1) Would be nice, but like SneakyTacts, I’m content with the current system of smaller thrusters and inertia dampeners.

2) Creative freedom. Allows people to design things their way. Don’t like having engines covered ?  Then don’t design your ship that way. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t like covering engines either, so I design my ships with them exposed, but I wouldn't want to take away other’s design choices.

@SneakyTacts, I like using hologram blocks here. Allows for you to see the engines, with color, and if you do several layers, they produce a nice glow. And weapons fire can’t directly damage the hologram blocks, so they stay looking nice through a battle (usually). :)

3) Fully agree, too much randomness. I created a mod to try and do something about this cause it was literally destroying my interest in the game.

1) Also content with the current system. There's never a need for an equal amount of engine power for reverse, and a lesser amount of that power is achievable through Directional Thrusters facing forwards, which also can work for Pitch and Yaw given the correct placement. Even if there were an ability to place Engines in reverse, I would not do that.

2) Yep, creative freedom. There's no point in forcing players to keep things exposed, especially if its primarily only achieves people unable to make awesome engine designs. The functionality of IFG blocks already nullifies any combat-balance impact of such an approach anyway.

3) Bigger turrets do have greater damage and range. Randomness plays the same purpose as with any game that has variable loot. There are better and worse weapons to find and use. And like have been noted, any turret can be reproduced. My multiple gripes with weapons do not include their randomness.