Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Beta Branch Patch 1.0.1 - Patchnotes

koonschi

• Boxelware Team

Patch 1.0.1

Date: April 3rd, 2020

Beta Branch Note: These changes are currently available on the beta branch. The beta branch is for testing experimental changes and for finding and fixing errors.

This is how you get access to the beta branch (USE AT YOUR OWN RISK):

Right-Click on Avorion in your Steam list, Properties -> Betas -> Select branch 'beta'.

Gameplay

• Order chains are now started when the galaxy map is closed and Shift was still held

UI

• Added warning text about potentially losing turrets next to the apply button in ModifyWholeShipWindow
  • Blueprints are now called "Blueprint" in tooltips
  • Turret blueprints are now rendered with a blue background in shops
  • Adaptive Vsync is always used first, when trying to enable vsync. If it fails, normal vsync is enabled.
  • Fighter order buttons can now be toggled back off when clicked a second time
  • Added a notification for when there are not enough slots to activate all turrets
  • Newly received items are now always sorted up
  • Added a "Tools" title to the tool buttons on the right side of the building mode
  • Added "repair" and "repair target" orders to map commands
  • Added warnings for mod version changes that will break compatibility
  • "Transfer to Alliance" button is now invisible while not in an alliance

Client

• Reduced volume of background music vs action music

Server

• Several backend performance improvements for servers with many AI factions and players
  • Added a chat message for when player enters 0:0 and the guardian was already beaten and has to respawn first in multiplayer
  • Xsotan swarm event can now be limited to a configurable amount of sectors with players

Misc

• Added more debug logging to find more issues
  • Client-sided mod version compatibility check with server only checks "major" & "minor" version numbers, to allow "patch" version to be used for backwards compatibility

Scripting API

• Added new Sector/Entity callbacks onScriptValueChanged, onAllScriptValuesChanged, onScriptAdded, onScriptRemoved
  • Added new Player callbacks onScriptValueChanged, onAllScriptValuesChanged, onScriptAdded, onScriptRemoved
  • Added new Galaxy callbacks onScriptValueChanged, onAllScriptValuesChanged, onScriptAdded, onScriptRemoved
  • Renamed all "Multiplicator" occurrences to "Multiplier"
    • Left in "Multiplicator", those are now deprecated and will be removed in future versions

Bugfixes

• Fixed an issue where crew quarters delta wasn't shown in building stats
  • Fixed an issue where the turret factory ui wasn't correctly refreshed on show
  • Fixed an issue where non-turret items could be added to the turrets window in building mode
  • Fixed an issue where crew morale was not saved correctly
  • Fixed several issues with german translation
  • Fixed loop-order button not being shown when ship does not yet have some command running
  • Fixed an issue where trading overview didn't list new turret factory supplier goods
  • Fixed some issues where turret designs would get removed during modification of entire ship
  • Fixed some issues where turret designs would get removed when merging blocks
  • Fixed some issues with torpedo UI when auto-loading is enabled
  • Fixed an issue where players of newly founded alliances wouldn't be immediately known as such as members of the alliance
  • Fixed an issue where the AI wouldn't attack an alliance's ships
  • Fixed several crashes in lua scripts
  • Fixed a rare hang when collecting cargo
  • Fixed an issue where map ship icons would be shown in the wrong place
  • Fixed "Show in Workshop" button for mods not working
  • Fixed too narrow list entries for mod paths
  • Fixed some issues with respawning of asteroids
    • Fixed default respawn not being triggered due to non-obviously mineable asteroids being present
    • Fixed respawn not being triggered once all asteroids have been wiped from the sector

[*]Fixed an issue where camera shake would continue while paused

[*]Fixed an issue where disabled turrets would fire in out-of-sector simulations

• This fixes an issue where ships with repair turrets and armed turrets would hurt their target instead of repairing it

[*]Fixed an issue where the crew transport ship wouldn't bring enough crewmen

[*]Fixed an issue where trading posts could sell for less money than they buy for

• Trading post prices are now affected less by their stock

[*]Fixed an issue in building mode where transforming only the orientation didn't work

[*]Fixed an issue where "Transform all selected blocks" would reset the orientation of the transformed blocks

[*]Fixed an issue where turret designs on edge blocks were positioned incorrectly when the craft plan changed

[*]Fixed an issue where stations wouldn't have enough cargo space to be able to trade/produce

[*]Fixed an issue where hailing text would be displaced on MacOS

How about an "Restore last order" for crafts?

I want to update my miners from time to time but having to reclick the entire mining loop (that spans 40 systems for my iron/titan/naonite miner) is bad.

Also one thing with ships that patrol or defend a system: if there is a wormhole in the system they sometime end up entering it and then stop completly in the new systems... It would be great if they would simply jump back or npc ships should not enter wormholes witout an order to do so...

Also one thing with ships that patrol or defend a system: if there is a wormhole in the system they sometime end up entering it and then stop completly in the new systems... It would be great if they would simply jump back or npc ships should not enter wormholes witout an order to do so...

Same can be said for gates.  This also applies to like mining/salvaging ships that are given an order to mine/salvage, but what they go after is on the other side of the gate/wormwhole, putting it directly in their path.

Still need to balance the consumer based stations for players.  10% for them consuming maybe 43 apples(a prime example) every 2 min, yet buying insane amounts of everything else first and always consuming the lowest value goods first in such low quantities, yields no profit gain in the long run.  If a station buys like 1000 of a good, it should consume half of that good when it ticks for consumption, otherwise it's pointless to have any of those stations.  Period. 

Also, please add a new option in chaining "buy/sell" so that it will NOT try to REPEATEDLY sell to ONLY one of your own stations, when that good is used by more than 1 station in your sector.  It's irritating.  Shouldn't have to have 100 fighters transporting goods because the actual cargo ship is dumb and doesn't know to sell to all of them evenly.

I really would like a better way to queue (and save) ordered commands for AI ships. Accidentally not pressing shift when issuing a command, wiping complex commands, is extremely frustrating, and there's better ways to do this. Such as a dedicated interface, or something like that.

If I have to go do something to one of my ships doing loops, having to remake those loops is painful now, and as soon as I enter a ship, it gets wiped.

Also would really like it if borderless worked more appropriately. I'm on Ubuntu 19.10 using the Gnome DE. When I go borderless there's always something cut-off on the top or bottom, no matter where I place the window. The window really needs to resize to the usable space for whatever DE/OS/GUI is used. I have to use fullscreen to see everything and alt-tabbing minimises, which is pain.

How about an "Restore last order" for crafts?

I want to update my miners from time to time but having to reclick the entire mining loop (that spans 40 systems for my iron/titan/naonite miner) is bad.

I really would like a better way to queue (and save) ordered commands for AI ships. Accidentally not pressing shift when issuing a command, wiping complex commands, is extremely frustrating, and there's better ways to do this. Such as a dedicated interface, or something like that.

If I have to go do something to one of my ships doing loops, having to remake those loops is painful now, and as soon as I enter a ship, it gets wiped.

These two posts cover 90% of my wish list for my mining and trade fleets.  The other 10% would be a "toggle" setting for miners.  When set miners would refine ore at the nearest known neutral-or-better refinery.  This would reduce the amount of clicking and the number of orders in their queue by a substantial amount. 

On a different subject, I host my own server and with just 10 players online Avorion will use more than half of my 32GB of RAM.  Right now there are 9 people connected Avorion is using 17GB of ram.  I have to restart every day or two or Avorion will crash with a segmentation violation.  It would be nice to see RAM issues fixed in the near future. 

Now that I have a regular group of players on my server I am no longer running beta builds.  I asked the players if they wanted Stable or Beta and almost everyone said Stable.

Late EDIT:  A late edit here to upload a screen shot and share it on my NextCloud.  https://highlander.motleyrebellion.com/index.php/s/wgsd5yLa4aY9ADC

How is your server load so much lower than mine? How many CPU cores did you throw at it, and what is the model of the CPU? Is your setup bare metal or a VM, or what? What is the type of storage backing your Avorion Server?

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 3700X

RAM 32GB DDR4-3200

Storage:  1x 480GB Corsair SATA3 SSD (For the OS), 4x 4TB Toshiba N300 HDD (RAID10, For all other data, includling Avorion), and 1x 256GB PCIe3 NMVe SSD (Caches reads from the RAID, no write caching  allowed)

OS:  Ubuntu Server LTS 18.04 with HWE kernel, bare metal

Avorion server.ini:

[Game]
Seed=  **REDACTED**
Difficulty=0
HardcoreEnabled=false
InfiniteResources=false
CollisionDamage=1
SafePlayerInput=false
PlayerToPlayerDamage=false
LogoutInvincibility=true
LogoutInvincibilityDelay=30