Is there a way to auto-mark scanned sectors?

LiftPizzas

I fly to an area in my ship with upgraded scanners and see hundreds of green/yellow dots. Is there a feature/option (or maybe a mod) that will permanently mark these sectors? It's not like they stop being green later, and I want to be able to go through them with other ships that might not have the same scanning range.

(And no I'm not going to spend hours manually tagging them all.)

I fly to an area in my ship with upgraded scanners and see hundreds of green/yellow dots. Is there a feature/option (or maybe a mod) that will permanently mark these sectors? It's not like they stop being green later, and I want to be able to go through them with other ships that might not have the same scanning range.

(And no I'm not going to spend hours manually tagging them all.)

No way, unfortunately. That’d be a neat feature, though; post it in the suggestions place. Could either be a part of the scanner system or any ol’ ship.

I tag the sector if I haven't visited it. (Right click on the sector in the map, select Tag) If I have visited the sector, I use Notes (same right-click menu)  to describe certain situations in more detail over what the tooltip shows. Such as if the sector has wrecks to salvage or Claimable asteroids.

I tag the sector if I haven't visited it. (Right click on the sector in the map, select Tag) If I have visited the sector, I use Notes (same right-click menu)  to describe certain situations in more detail over what the tooltip shows. Such as if the sector has wrecks to salvage or Claimable asteroids.

Like I said in the OP, I'm not going to spend all day manually tagging hundreds of sectors. If I want to click menus all day I can do that in Excel.