Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Auto-salvaging ignores license and starts a war?

LiftPizzas

So I'm playing while a ship salvages in another sector, and this time the warning that my license is going to expire only gives me 20 seconds! Since the salvaging turrets are automated, even when I went to the ship on the map and hit "stop" before the timer ran out, the turrets kept on firing on their own and within a few seconds I lost tens of thousands of rep and they had gone from friendly to hostile. Not cool.

Yeah... known problem. Due to that, I just immediately select the salvager and order it to jump to a nearby sector. That avoids any potential issues.

I still think we at least need an option for a permanent salvaging license and have argued for it.

I had this problem last night.  Took 6 hours to fix rep.  An evening I could have used to further progress in the game, which I didn't.

I see 3 ways to fix this.

1. As someone said up above a permanent license.

2. A checkbox that "auto-renews."

3. Have AI captains STOP salvaging and either recall or set to defend all fighter salvagers when a license expires.

Perhaps, optionally, a checkbox when ordering an AI to salvage that OVERRIDES the above listed license behavior, in case you don't care if the rep drops.  This would be mutually exclusive with auto-renew, obviously.

I had this problem last night.  Took 6 hours to fix rep.  An evening I could have used to further progress in the game, which I didn't.

I see 3 ways to fix this.

1. As someone said up above a permanent license.

2. A checkbox that "auto-renews."

3. Have AI captains STOP salvaging and either recall or set to defend all fighter salvagers when a license expires.

Perhaps, optionally, a checkbox when ordering an AI to salvage that OVERRIDES the above listed license behavior, in case you don't care if the rep drops.  This would be mutually exclusive with auto-renew, obviously.

I think Option 2 would work best with the setup the devs already have.