Stations Disappearing

uh82cit

Hello,

To be honest, I was not sure if I should post this here, or in bugs, or somewhere else. I decided not to post it in bugs since this is not reproducible (as far as I am aware), but I thought it might be a part of how player owned stations work and I just don't understand it. So here goes.

I had a water plant in a sector that was a good source of income, earning me about 360k per hour.  It was selling with cargo shuttles to three other stations in the sector that had a high demand for water, a Spice plant, a biotope, and a habitat if I remember correctly. Along with these three stations, there was a resource depot and I believe a repair dock.

When I logged on today, nothing was different about the game, nothing seemed to be off, the game was a little stuttery to until it fully loaded, however. When I noticed my water plant was not making much money in the chat, I went to that sector to see what was wrong and literally every station but mine had vanished. They were not present in the sector if you flew around, and their names vanished from the galaxy map. This is extremely disappointing as this was a major source of income for me.

Is this a bug? Is this part of the system? I read on the wiki it says putting a station down affects your relationship with the local faction. So I was wondering if by having this station for a while (3-4 days I think) it eventually pushed out the AI faction stations? That seems to me like a bad system, but I really do now know. I really hope someone can help me out and at least maybe tell me what has happened, because I ask questions on the discord regularly and most people ignore my questions completely.

Are you using mods?  Mods can sometimes cause sectors to bug out and not generate anything.  I know on occasion some sectors are retriggered for regen, though I didn't think it was supposed to happen if you already had something present there?

Find the sector files for that galaxy, then delete the ones for that specific sector.  If you are using mods, try disabling them before you reload the galaxy.

Are you using mods?  Mods can sometimes cause sectors to bug out and not generate anything.  I know on occasion some sectors are retriggered for regen, though I didn't think it was supposed to happen if you already had something present there?

Find the sector files for that galaxy, then delete the ones for that specific sector.  If you are using mods, try disabling them before you reload the galaxy.

To my knowledge, I am not using any mods. However, I did join a server at one point that did have me download mods to join it. I don't know if after that every game I have been playing has also used those mods. They were nothing large I think, just  quality of life mods.

If I delete the files for hat sector, wont my station be deleted as well? It still earns me some money, just not as much as before the AI stations vanished.

You should be able to check and see what mods you have running by going into Settings -> Mods from the game menu. Anything with a check next to it is enabled.  Even some QoL mods could cause this. I once used one that reduced the cargo space of scrap and it randomly caused some sectors to not spawn correctly.

No, all player assets are stored in different files.  They only things that I have noticed (and been told about) happening from deleting sector files are:

1) Weapon group assignments on any player ship/station in the deleted sector will be reset.  You’ll need to reassign weapon groups.

2) Any sector (who’s file you delete) where you or someone else had previously destroyed NPC stations and/or otherwise cleared out will be regened as if this had never happened (ie, they’ll all be back).

3) Any sector (who’s file you delete) where you had claimed and then built a mine on a claimable asteroid will end up with the claimable asteroid respawning (but your mine will stay/still exist as a separate entity).

You should be able to check and see what mods you have running by going into Settings -> Mods from the game menu. Anything with a check next to it is enabled.  Even some QoL mods could cause this. I once used one that reduced the cargo space of scrap and it randomly caused some sectors to not spawn correctly.

No, all player assets are stored in different files.  They only things that I have noticed (and been told about) happening from deleting sector files are:

1) Weapon group assignments on any player ship/station in the deleted sector will be reset.  You’ll need to reassign weapon groups.

2) Any sector (who’s file you delete) where you or someone else had previously destroyed NPC stations and/or otherwise cleared out will be regened as if this had never happened (ie, they’ll all be back).

3) Any sector (who’s file you delete) where you had claimed and then built a mine on a claimable asteroid will end up with the claimable asteroid respawning (but your mine will stay/still exist as a separate entity).

It worked! I had no mods activated in my world I found out, but deleting the sector file and then reloading the sector worked, all the stations are back and I am making more money again. Thank you very much for the help!