Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

FPS issues

nothe

Hey, whenever im in a system with a lot of ships, stations or destroyed ships my FPS  drops to between 10-20. This wasnt a problem at the start of my campaign, but now 33 hours in the  game is nearly unplayable in big fights. Especially when a big fleet drops in while im salvaging the previous fleet. Even when im in systems with only a few ships my fps never goes above 50. Which is strange since i have a decent computer, GeForce 2060 GPU, i5-8600k, 32gb of ram.

Screenshot: https://imgur.com/svE9Gid

Whats even stranger is that my GPU is running at like 12%, CPU at 65%.

Update, reinstalling seems to have lessened the problems somewhat. The game is still not utilising my GPU and CPU fully, which results in lower FPS. But now the game runs smoother, with 30-40 FPS in battles. It also fixed the crackling audio which i didnt mention in my previous post.

Well, I've heard that there are some memory leak issues from running the game for a while.  A simple restart fixes those.  A fix is supposedly on its way.

Otherwise, maybe also check this?

In your nVidia Control Panel, go to the "Manage 3D Settings" section and then click on the "Program Settings" tab on the right.  Add the game (avorion.exe) to the list if needed, then scroll down through and look for the "OpenGL rendering GPU" setting.  Make sure it's set for your PC's GPU and not auto.

I also have  a crazy fps issue when I'm in battles, mainly large or with pirates by myself.  I am fine until my frames suddenly drop to 8-6 fps and I get 135-160 ms. It looks like in task manager my CPU is at 20%, Memory at 50%, and GPU at like 5% a majority of the time this happens. I tried to do the Nvidia 3D settings trick and restarting/re-installing the game but the issue still remains.  When I leave sectors, my performance and frames return. Combat seems to be killing something in the system for me.

Since 1.0 I also experience serious FPS drops during the game.  I never before encountered these drops but now they are very frequent. In addition to that, I often get messages when I send ships to sectors, that they are not in the memory of the server (I`m playing singleplayer). Als these things didn`t happen before 1.0.

Since 1.0 I also experience serious FPS drops during the game.  I never before encountered these drops but now they are very frequent. In addition to that, I often get messages when I send ships to sectors, that they are not in the memory of the server (I`m playing singleplayer). Als these things didn`t happen before 1.0.

Yeah, that not in memory of the server thing I've noticed, too.  Leaving the map and going back in seems to resolve, I think.  I wonder if it's registering the ship as jumped before it's actually finished generating the sector.

Alright, this helped me with my troubles. Now I*m able to fight fierce battles with my six over 9,000 Block ships while using everything the graphic options can offer. I simply deleted every file in the sector folder.

C:\Users\YourUserNameHere\AppData\Roaming\Avorion\galaxies\YourGalaxieHere\sectors

Hope this will help some people with the same problem.

Alright, this helped me with my troubles. Now I*m able to fight fierce battles with my six over 9,000 Block ships while using everything the graphic options can offer. I simply deleted every file in the sector folder.

C:\Users\YourUserNameHere\AppData\Roaming\Avorion\galaxies\YourGalaxieHere\sectors

So what exactly is stored in those files before I delete them?

So what exactly is stored in those files before I delete them?

Information regarding what's in the sector, except player ships/stations.

Only issues I've found from deleting them so far:

• All weapon groups on your ships/stations in these sectors get reset.
  • Most turrets on a turret block with a custom turret design glitch and go back to their default looks.  Just need to remove and readd the turret itself.
  • Cleared out sectors (ie, all ships/stations destroyed) will regen.
  • Claimed and built upon asteroids will end up with another claimable asteroid spawning.

If you don't have any stations, then you can just simply move all your ships to one empty sector somewhere, note its location, then shut down the game and delete all sector files except the one you noted.