Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Making big money after 1.0 and station changes?

Gorbald

Hello!

What do you people think are the best ways to make big money after the release?

I did not have any luck with building and selling turrets. Is it still possible to make profit this way?

What about the relatively new consumer stations? Apparently you can make them consume stuff faster by adding assembly blocks. I thought I could make a research station and an accelerator factory (with some factories for it's components). Anyone can share experience with this? Is it possible to make billions this way?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience!

Hmm, all I know is that I was once lucky to make hundreds of millions from raiding loaded military and processor stations, and lucky to make something like ¢14,000,000 from very special missions. I haven’t checked anything after 1.0 and haven’t played with stations yet, but you do have good ideas. Remember that prices are partially dependent on the supply and demand in local areas, so you *could* destroy every competitor, haha.

About turrets: their prices (and DPS) have been modified to generally be more consistent and less crazy. This may be why you’re not getting much of a profit.

I’m interested in reading answers to this, too; I also need advice.

Having a few mining ships profits very easy money.

I currently have 5 mining ships looping between two big asteroid fields in Xenion region which profits me around 200 million credits per hour.

I haven't made marketing or producing goods so I can't comment on those. Bought this game shortly after Steam release.

I heard that asteroids reappear after some time, is that true?

Sneaky, did you manage to set up those loops in a way that benefits from asteroids reappearing? Or do you just find new places to mine manually, after those asteroid fields you mentioned are mined of all resources?

I currently have 5 mining ships looping between two big asteroid fields in Xenion region which profits me around 200 million credits per hour.

200M / hour !?!

With only 5 ships ???

Vanilla or mods?

Thanks.

Probably using R-Mining with large cargo holds.

Yes, although the exact timer and conditions I believe are mostly unknown.  A few patches ago, the devs put in a note about reducing the timer.  And if I had to take a guess, they won't respawn so long as a player or one of their assets (such as a station) are present, though I could be wrong.

Sneaky, did you manage to set up those loops in a way that benefits from asteroids reappearing? Or do you just find new places to mine manually, after those asteroid fields you mentioned are mined of all resources?

I think you intended to ask IhanaMies :)

I simply order lone ships to mine in sectors I’ve scouted. I usually don’t mine for profit. Haven’t considered re-mining sectors for new asteroids. It’s an interesting idea.

Asteroids do replenish after a while.

I do not know how long it exactly takes, but I've found that having one miner looping between two  +2k asteroid belts keeps it running forever.

Also using one Resource Depot per miner is safer, since sometimes they try to refine at the same time and one of them bugs out and you  need to reorder the loop for it.

Thanks! I was able to make this work.

It was quite challenging, as in many sectors, asteroids did not ever reappear, and in some they did.

I am not 100% sure, but I think that in sectors with Xsotan breeders, asteroids do not reappear. In other sectors, they do.

This is probably the best way to make money. Consumer stations are almost useless for this purpose, because they have a fixed (very low) consumption rate that cannot be increased by any means. You cannot solve it by building more of them, because of how the "sell cargo" command works (always sells to the same station, this has been reported already I think). 

Mines do work well also, with profits relative to the cost of founding one and given good local price-from-demand multiplier. They're not as good as a mining ship, but the profit is more stable and doesn't require orders, turrets or modules and independent from the location. XXL Noble Metal and Zinc mines with good storage space can shovel pretty good credits into your pockets reliably.

Advanced stations really only worth it if you need their products for Turret production, otherwise, they're too much hassle to establish trade routes between.

Save up 200m for a body armor factory with ~70k production per second and then save that money until you can get an accelerator factory with ~130k production/s. I haven't touched my factories in a week and they're both sitting above $5b in profit.

Harpsichord thanks for the suggestion!

Do you use just the factory and have NPC traders deliver the ingredients, or do you supply them yourself with automated trading/production chains?

Also how do you sell the accelerators? Do you have ships that sell them to allied research stations, or do you rely on NPC traders?

Thanks in advance for your answers. I was thinking about doing this, but from my experience NPC traders cannot be relied upon and if I were to supply and sell everything myself, I would need so many ships that I would hit out of sector simulation limit and ships per player limit on the server where I play.

I can confirm that mining is quite profitable. I wasn't used to it at first, but I'm liking the excess ore I'm forever receiving. I install some C-turret systems and one mining module, attach some lasers, then send it mining in a couple of sectors. My mining ships are simply my previous personal ships, but I spent time making a miner that had enough HP to be considered safe and about 90m/s/s acceleration and deceleration so the AI would be comfortable going fast. That's all it takes!

I do it similarly, but I use just one laser and 4 squadrons of high-dps ogonite r-mining fighters, much faster. If you send such ship to mine all asteroids in 3 sectors and then refine the ores, the 1st of these sectors will already have all asteroids respawned before he ship finishes mining the 3rd, so you can do this on loop. 

Harpsichord thanks for the suggestion!

Do you use just the factory and have NPC traders deliver the ingredients, or do you supply them yourself with automated trading/production chains?

Also how do you sell the accelerators? Do you have ships that sell them to allied research stations, or do you rely on NPC traders?

Thanks in advance for your answers. I was thinking about doing this, but from my experience NPC traders cannot be relied upon and if I were to supply and sell everything myself, I would need so many ships that I would hit out of sector simulation limit and ships per player limit on the server where I play.

Sorry for the slow reply.

I just have NPC traders deliver the goods, I really can't set up supply chains because the server I play on has a 72 fighter per sector limit. And I rely on NPC traders for sales. You could send them to a research station to get the 10% extra money but you'll still be making  a profit regardless.

• 3 weeks later...

Playing on a MP server with a 10-sector limit, I have a fleet of 7 ships with xanion r-mining turrets and enough cargo to hold about 120k ores, and mining systems installed so that they empty out all the hidden ore asteroids. They loop back and forth between mining a sector and refining at a resource dock. All 7 are using the same two systems over and over, to minimize number of loaded sectors.

When the sector runs out of ore, they all stop mining and jump to the resource depot sector. By the time they're done refining and jump back, the asteroids have replenished. I can tell when this happens because I get a sudden chat spam of "can't find any more asteroids" from them all at the same time.

With this I've been able to extract about 20 million Trinium and 20 million Xanion from one sector within about 16 hours of leaving them completely unattended. (Plus whatever Naonite, Titanium, and Iron they get.)