[1.0] Mouse pointer moves outside the border in windowed mode when targeting

TacticalMaster

Be careful if you're playing on windowed. If you target something via middle mouse button (default key), your mouse pointer will move outside the client window if you move around your mouse too much.

It still persists even after removing targeting, until you click outside and your client window again.

[4:49 AM QUICK-EDIT] Huh? Okay. After I sent my bug report (via in-game reporter), I suddenly don't have this manual targeting bug anymore. So I have no idea what's going on.

[3/22/2020 UPDATE] Major update. Just encountered this bug again. This was in midst of re-classing one of my existing ship creations as a "repair ship"  for my fleet. When I was done placing repair turrets, the mouse-out-of-window bug reappeared again.

I tried doing things to try and fix this bug like clicking out of the window and stuff, but then I pressed SHIFT + Tab; the default Steam shortcut for overlay. After doing that, the outside window bug was fixed!

Well, at least there's a temporary fix for this! But I still don't know how to properly reproduce this. So this here's the first assumption of how it could be reproduced.

[3/26/2020 UPDATE] Just encountered this bug again. Here's what I was doing before it happened:

After I jumped, I shift held to release my mouse pointed before the loading screen appeared. Then I clicked on my Internet Browser Firefox to bring it up front...so that I can report another bug (unrelated to this post) to the forums and with the in-game bugtracker in my internet browser. After the game loaded my galaxy, I clicked on my game client to get back into the game and...there it happened for the third time. My mouse pointer went out of my windowed game client.

The temporary fix still works; just open your steam overlay (SHIFT + Tab).

Maybe that might be able to reproduce this bug...but I need to try that first.