Can i use my saves everywhere ?

Neogenesis2012

Hello,

sorry for my bad english :)

I want to play at home on windows pc and on work on macbook pro.

can i use my saves from my windows pc and save this on my macbook pro and use it ?

i have started a single player offline game and spend over 30h or need to start new and make a online game ?

Hello,

sorry for my bad english :)

I want to play at home on windows pc and on work on macbook pro.

can i use my saves from my windows pc and save this on my macbook pro and use it ?

i have started a single player offline game and spend over 30h or need to start new and make a online game ?

actually it should work to copy the safe folder. but we can't guarantee it because there are two different operating systems :) But you can try :)

Hey,

you can copy your galaxy folder and take the galaxy with you, it should work for different operating systems as well. But be aware that we don't use synchronizing in any way. If you want to keep the galaxy synchronized, you have to copy the galaxy every time you change your computer.

Hey,

you can copy your galaxy folder and take the galaxy with you, it should work for different operating systems as well. But be aware that we don't use synchronizing in any way. If you want to keep the galaxy synchronized, you have to copy the galaxy every time you change your computer.

So, I'm assuming the actual galaxy saves may be too large to use Steam sync (I'm not sure what the limits are, but most games I've played with it have a max in the KB or low MB range, and I know these galaxy saves can easily get over 100 MB), but would it be possible for you all to enable Steam sync for ship designs and mods that we've created on our own system (so stuff in %appdata%\Avorion\ships and %appdata%\Avorion\mods)?

If not, that's fine, but one "bug" I've noticed with copying files back and forth between two PCs is with the mods we create.  I created and uploaded a few mods originally from my laptop, but when I copy them to the desktop, the galaxy saves complain that the mods are missing and when I look at the upload status of the mods the desktop says that none of the files exist in the uploaded version.