Wanted Infinity or more then 40+ turret mod

sakutamm

Hello

i am searching for mod that allows you to place more then 50 or 100 turrets on your ship i found some but they are outdated or links are broken to download them if anyone could give me or link a mod it would be really nice <3

Don't know of any mods that change it by 50, but I know how it can be done if you're comfortable with adding in a line of code to a lua file. Navigate to basesystem.lua under SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Avorion\data\scripts\systems. Any text editor (like notepad) can edit lua files.

Add this 1 line of code to the initialize section.

addAbsoluteBias(StatsBonuses.ArbitraryTurrets, 50)

Any and every upgrade in the game will grant you 50 turret slots. Simply install any upgrade to your ship and it'll have plenty of turrets.

If you also want to reduce crew requirements you can also add in

addAbsoluteBias(StatsBonuses.MechanicsPerTurret, -10)
    addAbsoluteBias(StatsBonuses.GunnersPerTurret, -10)

The init function will look something like this after you've added it:

function initialize(seed32_in, rarity_in, permanent_in)
    if seed32_in and rarity_in then
        seed = Seed(seed32_in)
        rarity = rarity_in
        permanent = permanent_in
        if seed and rarity then
            onInstalled(seed, rarity, permanent)
        end
    end

if onClient() then
        invokeServerFunction("remoteInstall")
    end

addAbsoluteBias(StatsBonuses.ArbitraryTurrets, 50)  --Turret Mod Code. Adds 50 turrets slots to all upgrades.
addAbsoluteBias(StatsBonuses.MechanicsPerTurret, -10)  --Turret Mod Code. Removes crew requirements for turrets.
addAbsoluteBias(StatsBonuses.GunnersPerTurret, -10)    --Turret Mod Code. Removes crew requirements for turrets.

end

As with any changes to your game, make a backup of the files you edit and definitely make a backup of your savegame. Your save game is located in  C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Avorion\galaxies

If you don't have hidden folders enabled, you can also access it by copying %appdata%\Avorion\galaxies into file explorer as %appdata% is a shortcut that points to that hidden folder.