Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Omicron Modifiers of ‘Hardcore’ and ‘Insane’

SneakyTacts

When version 1.0 was released, I spent some time finding the right seed and difficulty. The rare loot bonus of the two deadliest difficulties was tempting, but I wondered exactly how dangerous the enemies would be. In case another person is curious, here is what I noted:

Expert:

+100% rare loot

+0% omicron

Hardcore:

+150% rare loot

+20% omicron, “mean damage”

Insane:

+200% rare loot

+100% omicron, “stupid damage”

‘Insane’ is insane! I’m sticking with Hardcore or Expert.

Looks like hardcore is the way to go for me too.  What seed did you find that was good?

Since resource asteroids are distributed randomly—but with the same asteroids—and I can gain wealth fairly easily, I was really only looking for a starting faction with a name, color, and traits I liked. I think I picked “Xsotan”, with the capital X.

Warning: it’s not impressive—just good enough!

Looks like hardcore is the way to go for me too.  What seed did you find that was good?

Since resource asteroids are distributed randomly—but with the same asteroids—and I can gain wealth fairly easily, I was really only looking for a starting faction with a name, color, and traits I liked. I think I picked “Xsotan”, with the capital X.

Warning: it’s not impressive—just good enough!

Thanks!  I'll give it a look over.  I wonder if there is an easter egg seed where the devs put something unique in the starting area.

Never mind the Xsotan seed, TESL4, because the faction is quite ugly, haha.

Jam was nice. It was a church, but had impressive stations with rings. Colored orange-red-ish.

Jellyfish (I think?) is light blue with a large asteroid, but the faction name is “Planets of Hoooo”, lol. It’s foggy at spawn.

Avorion yields the Rolgaetgaet with fancy red corvettes.

You know what? I’m going to make a new post with categorized seeds for 1.0. Feel free to join me.