[1.0] Exotic Object Sensor upgrade persists on the ship after removal

TacticalMaster

I equipped my ship with an exotic Object Sensor on my ship to spot hidden collectibles in the entire mass (yellow) sector. After I was done with it, I replaced it with another non-permanent upgrade module.

However, the effects still linger on my ship and the Object Sensor is still active.

Not sure if deleting the entire ship would neutralize the bug, but it's only one way to find out.

And a byproduct of this bug is that the game stutters nearly every 8 seconds while the exotic Object Sensor is active, even without the upgrade equipped.

[7:48 PM UPDATE]

Clientlog: https://pastebin.com/JEBZcFrD (expires in 1 month)

Serverlog: https://pastebin.com/2Daqs1Bb (expires in 1 month)

The object scanner's effect still "lingering" has been a bug for awhile from what I remember.  It never caused stuttering though,  That needs to be fixed ASAP.

Oh, and if you exit the game and load it back I believe it will remove the effect from what I remember

The object scanner's effect still "lingering" has been a bug for awhile from what I remember.  It never caused stuttering though,  That needs to be fixed ASAP.

Oh, and if you exit the game and load it back I believe it will remove the effect from what I remember

Wait, it never lagged for you? Then what's going on?? I tried nearly everything trying to dissect this stuttering bug other than the Object Scanner and still no avail to me. If I have to delete and rebuild the ship to see if this will rescind the bug...sigh.

And, exiting the game and reloading (restart) didn't worked for me, because this bug has happened to me in the past week.

The object scanner's effect still "lingering" has been a bug for awhile from what I remember.

I think this is different.  You're thinking of the one where even after finding all of the important objects it would continue to tell you that there were valuable objects detected.  This was solved by unequipping and reequipping the upgrade.  I believe the devs also patched this recently.

In TacticalMaster's case, when you remove the Exotic C45 Object Detector, the notification for detecting valuable objects does not go away.

That is, if I am understanding everything correctly.

Ah maybe I am misunderstanding then.  I know for sure, at least, that it does causes stuttering and major lag issues, especially when there are lots of ships shooting at each other.  My game froze for like 2 minutes in a sector where 2 NPC fleets jumped in and started fighting each other.

Loaded up my game recently and I just noticed that my ship with the bugged Object Sensor that *had* the Exotic said upgrade, now has a different colored Object Sensor notification. It's now white instead of light blue. And most of all, the game isn't stuttering anymore!

But the thing is, the game is still 1.0. Was there some sort of "silent upgrade" or something?

Yeah, last one I saw was the 1.0 hotfix from a day or two after 1.0 actually went live. I know I’ve seen the devs post a few times since saying “we have this fixed for the next patch” and I even saw them say at one point “this is now fixed, you may need to restart the game”, but I haven’t seen any patch notes, yet....

• 2 weeks later...

I am getting the lingering C43 effect but no stuttering. When I jump to a new sector the C43 reports  valuable object detected but I don't have C43 installed. If I try to install a C43 it tells me there is one already installed but there isn't. I haven't tried stripping the ship down or deleting it.

Hmm. I think I remember still having the lingering Object Scanner effect after the hotfix, but I deleted the ship and replaced it.

But in the past few weeks, overall I haven't re-encountered the lingering effect. So unless I notice something tick, I guess there isn't much we can do about it.