Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Turrets constantly re-targeting what you're looking at

Alanthier

You literally can't do ANYTHING on a server, even in SP half the  time, because the turrets will be firing, but A) doing no damage, and B) you can see them twitch like they're turning from aiming at something behind you(this applies to both normal AN D indep. targeting.)  The ONLY way to correct it and actually start damaging anything again, is to put turrets on rotational locks, which completely removes your ability to A) chase anything properly and B) use custom turret designs.  PLEASE fix this, because it persisted throughout the ENTIRETY of the last month before the so called "official release" today...

Not sure what the issue is or if it is something I haven't experienced yet?  When you select or "target" something your turrets will adjust to that entities range from you so you can shoot at it effectively.  If you lock onto another target that is at a significantly different distance away, but are still shooting at the first target, the turrets will have adjusted to second target's distance from you and you will miss the majority of the time.  Idk if that is the issue for you or not.

I've never had problems with independent turrets not hitting their mark no matter what you select though so idk.  Same thing with the not dealing damage, never experienced that as of yet.  If you are playing on a server and have a very poor connection to it then that is probably why.  Could you give us a video/screenshots or something to show what you are experiencing? 

Not sure what the issue is or if it is something I haven't experienced yet?  When you select or "target" something your turrets will adjust to that entities range from you so you can shoot at it effectively.  If you lock onto another target that is at a significantly different distance away, but are still shooting at the first target, the turrets will have adjusted to second target's distance from you and you will miss the majority of the time.  Idk if that is the issue for you or not.

I've never had problems with independent turrets not hitting their mark no matter what you select though so idk.  Same thing with the not dealing damage, never experienced that as of yet.  If you are playing on a server and have a very poor connection to it then that is probably why.  Could you give us a video/screenshots or something to show what you are experiencing?

Never said "only"  indep. targeting turrets were doing it.  When you're MANUALLY targeting something, and firing at it(example: asteroid) the stupid target circles will stutter and the turrets will visually end up rotated 180 degrees BEHIND You, so it stops firing and turns back , despite you and your target being stationary, resulting in no damage being dealt.  it's even worse on moving targets. 

Never said "only"  indep. targeting turrets were doing it.  When you're MANUALLY targeting something, and firing at it(example: asteroid) the stupid target circles will stutter and the turrets will visually end up rotated 180 degrees BEHIND You, so it stops firing and turns back , despite you and your target being stationary, resulting in no damage being dealt.  it's even worse on moving targets. 

I never said "only" independent targeting.  My first paragraph sums up what I think is happening.  I don't have this issue when manually using turrets either.  If you are selecting something that is behind you but trying to shoot someone in front of you, then yes your turrets will do a full 180.  If this isn't the cause then idk what is wrong with your turrets.  Make sure you aren't running any outdated mods maybe?

If you are selecting something that is behind you but trying to shoot someone in front of you, then yes your turrets will do a full 180.

This comment just got me thinking, the selection mechanic of this game can be a little wonky at times. Make sure your camera is too close to another object. Even if it isn’t visible / should be behind the camera, if you are too close, then it’s possible for it to still be selected.