Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Cant play on server after update

siretrasher

wtf is this bullshit!! i cant disable updates in steam and now i cant play on the server i spent over 100hours because it hasnt the same version! FIX THIS !!! I'ts ruining my gaming experience for avorion. It shouldnt be possible to create a situation that you are banned out of your server simply because  of this updating mechanism..where did you buy it from  ? from microsoft... ?  THINK !!!!!  Program avorion to always adapt to the server and not the other way around.! Make iit possible to determine wether you can update or not. ofcourse it will be fixed..but my weekend is ruined now because  of this..hate this bullshit

Did you contact the server admin and ask/ let them know there was an update?

I run my own server and if I haven't played for a while my friends just text me to let me know there was an update.

Unless it is a pro server that you are paying to be a member, there is no guarantee 100% that a server will be current within a few hours.

Also

And lastly, I too get irritated at auto updating, it can be frustrating having to wait for new version of fallout script extender for fe4 because Bethesda keeps upping the game version. That is more a steam issue though, not the devs

Yeah, I gotta chime in with the others on this. Basically what you’re asking for is that the devs keep multiple versions of the game installed on your computer / dynamically download and install the version to match the server you’re playing on. That’s an unreasonable expectation and adds serious overhead to their development (when they have a what, 7 person team?).

The automatic/forced updates thing is Steam’s doing, anyway.  Devs have no control over that far as I’m aware.

wtf is this bullshit!! i cant disable updates in steam and now i cant play on the server i spent over 100hours because it hasnt the same version! FIX THIS !!! I'ts ruining my gaming experience for avorion. It shouldnt be possible to create a situation that you are banned out of your server simply because  of this updating mechanism..where did you buy it from  ? from microsoft... ?  THINK !!!!!  Program avorion to always adapt to the server and not the other way around.! Make iit possible to determine wether you can update or not. ofcourse it will be fixed..but my weekend is ruined now because  of this..hate this bullshit

Hey, as the others wrote, you should ask the server admin to update the game. Or maybe you can turn off the automatic steam updates for the future?

Click LIBRARY on the menu bar.

Right click on the game for which you want to stop auto-updates.

Click UPDATES from the top menu.

Open the dropdown menu under Automatic updates.

Select Only update this game when I launch it.

Click CLOSE.