Issues starting up, no asteroids generated, cant launch server

adorHUN

Hi!

When i try to start a singleplayer game, it crashes with "Remote connection closed", or if i get in finally, nothing is on the map just the drone.

When i launch the server, the console just flashes up.

XP SP3

Game ver: 0.3a

C:\Games\Avorion>bin\Avorion.exe bin\SpaceServer.exe
server: connection 0 was closed by remote
server: connection 1 was closed by remote

• Boxelware Team

Can you post the contents of your serverlog.txt and clientlog.txt? The files are located in your appdata\Avorion folder. Can you please post the entire path to your appdata folder, too?

After entering the game, when you have an empty sector and only your drone, can you jump into another sector?

M -> zoom in -> select a sector in the blue circle -> right click -> enter into nav computer -> close map -> hit space

edit: folder name is appdata\Avorion, ofc. You get there by typing %appdata% in your address bar in the windows explorer.

• Boxelware Team
The warping doesnt work. I barely cant create a new map, it crashes down.

How does it crash? Does it hang? Does it exit? Does it show an error message like "Avorion has stopped working" or "Avorion has encountered an error"?

The logs look OK though, I can't find anything unusual. Can you tell me your system specifications?

Btw, why is the game using K-lite-s LAV splitter?

It doesn't on purpose. I guess it's the default one in your system - I simply used some windows functions.

It just closes down, and the console show the closed stuff.

When i create a new map, add in the name, load. bam! down.

it gets in, nothing just the probe. i exit to the main menu. bam! down.

i hope its not the "no suitable card found" bullshit! it has pixelS 3, and stuff

• Boxelware Team

Right now I don't know what could cause this. When the game shuts down like you described, it prints a message to the logfile, saying what happened. But in the logfile you gave me, there was nothing, so I have a hard time diagnosing this problem :/

• Boxelware Team

You said you had issues with your mp3 decoder - Do you hear any background music?

Does it shut down or do you get a "connection closed" screen?

All I can ask you is to try again, and when it shuts down (that's what it actually does, really crashing would mean you get a windows error) send me the contents of the client logfile.

And all the usual stuff:

- Have you tried starting it as administrator

- Have you successfully started a dedicated server (instructions are available on the wiki)

- What are your system specs

With the next update there will be more verbose logging and a lot of internal restructuring, so these issues can be resolved better.

Hi!

Is the game optimalized for W7, does it require DX10?

I have music, but no image, just the world, smoke. in most of the time even the beam is not shown.

i fount the dedicated server, but i cant find it any more :S

when i get a crash, the game closes, the message is in a DOS window.

specs:

Manufacturer SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD.

Processor Celeron® Dual-Core CPU T3500 @ 2.10GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory 2008MB RAM

Hard Drive 320 G

Motherboard Samsung RV408/RV508

Operating System Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Szervizcsomag 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.100427-1636)

Video Video Card Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Physics Card No

Monitor Samsung LTN156AT02000 [15.6" LCD]

Sound Sound Card Realtek ALC269 @ Intel 82801IB ICH9 - High Definition Audio Controller [A-3]

Speakers Trust

Peripherals Keyboard Szabványos 101/102 gombos vagy Microsoft Natural PS/2 billentyűzet

Mouse LS1

Mouse Surface Logitech

Computer Case Samsung RV508

• Boxelware Team
Is the game optimalized for W7

No.

does it require DX10?

No.

I see you're playing on a laptop. The game is still quite hardware hungry, so that might be the cause.

How many FPS do you have when you're in an empty sector? How much memory does your graphics device have?

Hi!

I have a 256Mb video card.

Idk how much fps the empty world gets, its pretty smooth.

But it has to be above 15-18 fps, or more, the clouds are moving really fast.

I just trusted up to the max, on the edge of the sector it crashes with the "connection closed".

Its like the server is crashing down.

• Boxelware Team

The connection closed message has nothing to do with this. What you see there is the log from the server - It tells you that one of his connections (ie. your client) was closed. You can use Fraps for example to measure the average FPS in your game.

in most of the time even the beam is not shown.

I don't understand what you meant exactly with that.

Hi!

Beam not shown: i shoot, the beam has sound, but its not showing up, sometimes it is.

Its the server what was crashing all this time!

• Boxelware Team

As I said, the "connection closed by remote" message has nothing to do with a server crash, it is debug output, that does not have to indicate that anything crashed.

Beam not shown: i shoot, the beam has sound, but its not showing up, sometimes it is.

This really sounds like your computer has trouble running the game.

If you want me to help you, you have to tell me exactly what you see when the game "crashes".

Does the game just exit?

Do you see a windows error message? (Not the console.)

If yes, what does it say?

Do you see an ingame menu telling you that the connection was closed?

What FPS do you have normally? (Use Fraps to check it, you can get it for free, just start it and it will show you a yellow number in the game)

What FPS do you have when shooting the beam? (Again, use Fraps, you can get it for free)

Does it work now?

After it crashed, close the console, if it is still there. Post the clientlog and serverlog. Do not start the game or server again until you posted them as they will be overridden.

In order to help you, I need to know the answer to each single one of these questions, otherwise it is not possible.