Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

[0.33.4] Please improve AI navigation through asteroids

TacticalMaster

I have an NPC hauler visiting one of my Oil Rig stations, but it seemed to be standing there and not moving for some reason. I try to think it could be some "bug" but how do I explain this? So I believed that the asteroids were in the way, but despite that the docks would push them away to make space, the NPC hauler was still standing there. So I begun removing the asteroids myself, which was an arduous task given that I can't get my AI ships to destroy/remove empty asteroids. After awhile, the hauler was able to move normally and was able to dock in my station to buy commodities. But now it has to move a few meters away from my station to warp and the asteroids were in the way again. So I had to go through the process of removing the asteroids again. All in all, the AI pathfinding was the problem here...

So that's why I ask to improve the AI navigation through an asteroid field. Or, at the very least, help improve removal of asteroids near mining stations.

Here's a screenshot of the situation before I fixed it through removing asteroids.

https://imgur.com/a/Mjx3w3R