[Beta 0.33.4] Server - Multiplayer Wormhole Guardian is not respawning

xxamaxx

There will be an event where a lot of Xsotan will want to retake everything inside the barrier. Once they succeed, the wormhole guardian will come back.

What do you mean by "Once they succeed?" The new Xsotan Invasion in multiplayer is just not realistically feasible. Especially on higher population servers. We all get the quest to "Reach The Center" and it can only be completed by defeating the XWG. However, the Invasions that happen are defeated in a few minutes at most. And a player has to be in a system for it to be active so if they're not in a system with player built stuff the invasion cannot succeed. As it stands now the XWG has not spawned a single time after his first death on our server since your patch. The server I'm on is always at 20+ people at peak times.

I'm ashamed in you guys. This was a very poorly executed idea that didn't take multiplayer into account at all.

I just found out how it works and I have to say, it's not a great system for multiplayer. It's dependent on people not killing a boss mob that has good loot drops, lol. And the invasion can happen in multiple sectors at once...

• 3 weeks later...

There will be an event where a lot of Xsotan will want to retake everything inside the barrier. Once they succeed, the wormhole guardian will come back.

What do you mean by "Once they succeed?" The new Xsotan Invasion in multiplayer is just not realistically feasible. Especially on higher population servers. We all get the quest to "Reach The Center" and it can only be completed by defeating the XWG. However, the Invasions that happen are defeated in a few minutes at most. And a player has to be in a system for it to be active so if they're not in a system with player built stuff the invasion cannot succeed. As it stands now the XWG has not spawned a single time after his first death on our server since your patch. The server I'm on is always at 20+ people at peak times.

I'm ashamed in you guys. This was a very poorly executed idea that didn't take multiplayer into account at all.

I just found out how it works and I have to say, it's not a great system for multiplayer. It's dependent on people not killing a boss mob that has good loot drops, lol. And the invasion can happen in multiple sectors at once...

as a temp. fix for the server owners you could also do this:

edit the file data\scripts\sector\xsotanswarm.lua of your server avorion server directory go to function "finishUp(success)" line 350 and change the function to the following:

function finishUp(success)
    -- all Xsotan are despawned one by one
    success = false
    data.despawn = true
    data.active = false

-- set global success
    local server = Server()
    if not server:getValue("xsotan_swarm_success") and success then
        server:setValue("xsotan_swarm_success", true)
    end

end

note the "success = false" that way the event will always fail and will trigger the respawn of the guardian after another timer countdown