What happened to Avorion?

Eury

So let me start off by saying I bought the game 3+ years ago and currently 240ish hours int he game from back then and recently I was looking for something to play and came across it in my library. So I have been playing for 4 days now and I'm not going to lie WTF happened this game is not that fun anymore. massive nerf to trade routes the rng turret and system drops are absolutely horrific turning this into a massive grind fest for resources and weapons I find myself completely underpowered 99% of the time my ship is always too small. So mining ok the R mining and salvaging is a godsend to the game good job on adding those into the game but wtf did you do the rest of the game I'm at the barrier and I'm broke AF can't afford turrets, torpedos, turrets, fighters or anything so I finally after days of grinding got my hands on a trading system 3 only to have the game fart in my face .............. item quantities are abysmal so even if I wanted to use a turret factory the items needed are nonexistent or to say the least to Fin expensive I can't afford it and don't get me started on the reputation omfg after 4 days I feel like smashing my face into the keyboard. This isn't fun at all period I'm done maybe I'll pick the game back up in 3 more years and see if its any better

rant over

I will admit that getting credits is a bit too grindy imo, but getting ores and resources is really easy and should not be an issue whatsoever.  Especially with R-mining/salvaging.  I found that my massive R-mining ship could strip a system so fast and effectively that it was more profitable selling the refined ores than the back and forth trading.  I haven't spent a ton of time trading but from what I've experimented with its an excessive amount of back and forth to stations. 

The biggest issue I had when trading is that there needs to be significantly more stock/production of goods in factories or stations, as well as more need for goods.  That way you can slowly increase your funds until you can start buying and selling in huge quantities making a good bit of credits.  Perhaps make the volume of all cargo goods 1/10th of what it currently is,  keeping the values the same.  Each station will effectively be able to store 10x more (as well as your trade ship) and because the factories would produce significantly faster you could run a constant trade route and actually make a steady income instead of a trickle. 

I think that some mission rewards should be increased as well.  Wiping out a pirate sector or freeing slaves shouldn't give less than 300k credits... More like a million at least.  The trading/supply missions could be improved as well because a good many of them have a credit reward of less than 50k credits which is very low considering you can just kill a few pirates and their loot and salvage is WAY higher in value.

But as far as the OP's comment about his ship being fart to small and underpowered, that's on you.  Its not hard at all to mine a ton of ore ~1.5 hrs and then build a warship fully capable of fighting.  You can also sell enough ore to buy systems/turrets at an equipment factory.  If your ship is too small and too weak to even mine than you are too far in towards the center, mine and build a ship big enough to survive further in before rushing.

Can't relate to this criticism at all... I get the feeling that you might have remebered how easy the game used to be and started of at a high difficulty right away? They changed difficulties a while ago, the high ones can be quite challenging now.

This shouldnt take more than 3 to 5 hours (and it is fun as well):

Step 1)

Have a decent Naonite or Trinium ship with enough dps to beat the AI without trouble.

Step 2)

Get a little money, 3-5 Million will be more than enough.

Step 3)

Go back to Titanium area.

Step 4)

Find literally just a single freighter with a good amount of Mining Robots in there.

Step 5)

"Give me all of your cargo"

Step 6)

Find a smugglers hideout.

Step 7)

Wash clean as much as your credits allow and find any mine to sell them. DO NOT sell them to the smugglers, it would be a huge loss.

Step 8 )

Repeat until you have sold every Robot

Steo 9)

Do it one more time.

Step 10)

Have 100 to 200 Million credits and be a very happy spaceship.

It's really not that hard, or am I missing something?

If you dont like piracy, you can even have your freighter buy and sell automatically with the Out-of-sector-simulation (just as you can have automated mining ships out there)...

I'm going to have to try that piracy idea.  That sounds like fun  ;D.  I've always wanted millions of credits to found my own stations and build an empire.  How profitable is it to have like 3 systems with multiple factories and mines?  Have you tried this before?

The game has defiantly changed, its no longer a cakewalk with slow AI ships and OP turrets all over the place, but its not really grindy.  If you don't like trade just strip mine systems with r-miners and sell most of it and you will easily have enough cash to field a warship or three.  Maybe not start an empire of your own, but building ships is never a problem.

I recommend doing any of these that seem interesting. I must’ve missed some, though.

Difficulty

- Lower the difficulty setting.

- Migrate away from or very slowly to the core to build strength.

- Don’t forget about the reconstruction coins.

Money

- Raid a wealthy station. I once made ¢400,000,000 from one military outpost’s body armor collection. I only raid “The Pirates of...”, but the recent update changed their names to “The Buccaneers of...”

- Figure out stations and automated tradings via looping commands, if you’re interested.

- Find fun in your favorite missions.

- Invest money in a mining fleet of ships or fighters.

- Pirate.

- Don’t give up on trading, but know it takes patience. Read about the recent trade update.

Fun

- Spend a lifetime designing spaceships and stations in creative mode.

- Join a multiplayer server. It’s easy!

- Assemble a fleet of anything for any purpose, if you have the materials.

- Annihilate a faction.

- Get the good XSTN artifacts.

- Fight pirates with style.

- Find a partner.

Quick edit:

- Know that this is a sandbox game, in which you invent your own fun with all of what’s given. Maybe you now prefer games that give direction, goals, story, objectives?

Sorry to hear that you haven’t enjoyed your return to Avorion. You’ve missed a lot of good updates. It’s actually releasing version 1.0 on the 9th of March! I hope you have fun.