Ship destroyed before sector is loaded / "Press Space to continue"

alfuken

Action in the sector begins immediately after jump, but the player is unable to react until client loads the sector. This leads to cases when you jump into a sector, get ambushed by pirates, and helplessly peer on loading screen for 5-10 seconds, just to see your ship already being torn to pieces.

Also,  "Press Space to continue" option is completely and totally useless and even harmful, because it leads the player to believe his ship is safe until player is ready to continue. This can be disabled, I know, but it's still a great source of WTFs per hour.

I believe player ships should not be added to the sector at all until player screen loads to the state where player can perform actions. I'm not talking about making ship invincible, but instead just load the sector, and when loading screen in through (or player have pressed "Space" button) ship is added to the sector via warp-in mechanics, like with the NPS ships.

Shouldn't be that hard to implement, huh?..

Action in the sector begins immediately after jump, but the player is unable to react until client loads the sector. This leads to cases when you jump into a sector, get ambushed by pirates, and helplessly peer on loading screen for 5-10 seconds, just to see your ship already being torn to pieces.

Also,  "Press Space to continue" option is completely and totally useless and even harmful, because it leads the player to believe his ship is safe until player is ready to continue. This can be disabled, I know, but it's still a great source of WTFs per hour.

I believe player ships should not be added to the sector at all until player screen loads to the state where player can perform actions. I'm not talking about making ship invincible, but instead just load the sector, and when loading screen in through (or player have pressed "Space" button) ship is added to the sector via warp-in mechanics, like with the NPS ships.

Shouldn't be that hard to implement, huh?..

Hey there, thank you very much for your report. We will check this and take care of it. :)

Hey there, thank you very much for your report. We will check this and take care of it. :)

Whoa, didn't actually expected a developer seeing this, but that makes me happy. :)

But really, it's shouldn't be too hard to implement this, right?

BTW, while you're on it, maybe create a QOL improvement ticket/story to change function "function Entity createShip(Faction faction, string name, BlockPlan plan, Matrix position, var arrivalType)" to make "arrivalType" be "EntityArrivalType.Jump" by default? Will be a bit more immersive that way, huh?

• 5 weeks later...

I'd like to bump this post since the issue is really worrying. On servers with high load it's too easy to loose a ship due to this game design flaw; and overall making player killable while he is unable to take any actions is a bad design...

I'm also having this issue. I tried to go to sector to try and get my ship out of harm's way and warp out, but my ship always keep getting destroyed before the sector has a chance to even load. It's really annoying.

Maybe I should just by a new computer or motherboard and install a high-end CPU... Because this game eats up too much CPU.