Mirrored Block Selection

TESL4

In the latest beta update they made mirrored block selection, where if you select a block in mirrored mode it will select those same blocks on the other side of the mirroring plane.  While this is extremely nice for merging blocks, It is a bit of a double edged sword as it makes focusing (F-key) on blocks ineffective.  Since more blocks are now selected while mirroring, the focus point becomes the "sum" position of all the selected blocks which ends up being on the central mirroring plane. 

I can't speak for others, but I have found this is more of a hinderance than a blessing as being able to focus on a block is very important on more detailed builds.  In order to focus on the block you are after you have to disable mirroring, then re-enable mirroring once you focus on the block you are after.  This adds 5-6 extra steps to properly focus on a block; and focusing on a block, happens very frequently on larger and detailed builds.

As far as I could tell, I didn't find a way to toggle the mirroring block selection on/off.  Would it be possible to add an option for mirrored block selection in the build menu?  Perhaps a checkbox under the mirroring UI?  The mirrored selection is still good in its own regard, just not all the time. 

Hopefully I didn't miss a toggle for mirror selection which would make this post moot. 

Agreed.

In addition to this issue, when you select a block, because it is selecting more than one block, the little info window in the lower right doesn’t show. This is an issue when you have the view set to show everything and you’re trying to verify you’ve selected the right block.

A toggle option would be good, but maybe bound to a hot key or something. All of these things being hidden within other things is becoming an annoyance for me....