Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

<No longer available>

FuryoftheStars

+1 for getting the space camo out.  May be cool for some people, but doesn't work with me lol.

Would be cool if armor was differentiable from hull though imo.  Maybe just make it have a darker hue?  idk. still great job!

Been looking at this a bit and I think the best my limited, non-artistic brain can do is darken the whole thing a little bit.  Think that will work?

Only problem with making them all use ogonite hull is that then you still wouldn't be able to differentiate ogonite hull from armor (or in this case, any armor :P )

Edit: Here's a comparison pic.  I dropped the brightness to be the same as the dark portions of the old camo armor.  Is it too much?

(Is there a way to attach a picture file and then "inline" it so i don't have to upload to an external site and then link back?)

oLr3aQH.jpg

That doesn't look too bad! 8) Simple, but nice imo.  I wonder how dark it will be using the pure black paint. 

And as far as using the ogonite, you could go back and use trinium hull for ogonite armor or something XD.  That may be a bit tacky though.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah.  :/  I found some ideas online googling "spaceship armor plating texture" and looking at the images.  I think maybe simply adding rivets along the seams may do it?  But the textures in game appear to have been multiple layers they put together (many of them have various scratches or other streaks/shading across them), so I'm not sure I could add the rivets without it looking like arse after (again, no design artist here :P ).  Not without the original unmerged art assets, anyway....

Hmm, you could always try stuff from scratch.  Start with clean matte armor similar to Avorion the Journey armor and then mess around with adding details like rivets, hexagons, rivets and hexagons, ect.  You could make your own "dev" mod where you experiment so that way its separate from your official mod. 

Idk, just some ideas for you.  I'm by no means an expert either lol.