Beta Branch Patch 0.33.0 Patchnotes

koonschi

• Boxelware Team

Patch 0.33.0

Date: February 26th, 2020

Beta Branch Note: These changes are currently available on the beta branch. The beta branch is for testing experimental changes and for finding and fixing errors.

This is how you get access to the beta branch (USE AT YOUR OWN RISK):

Right-Click on Avorion in your Steam list, Properties -> Betas -> Select branch 'beta'.

Gameplay

"These will be the last major features that will make it into the new game. Along with some more quality of life improvements."

• Added a new block that displays the name of the ship it belongs to
  • Added a new charred wreckage block
  • Added an editor for creating an emblem for your alliance
  • Added a new alliance emblem block
  • Added more encounters with enemies
  • Added possibility to transfer torpedoes between ships
  • Added new introduction missions for combat and trade
  • Updated "Battleship" achievements. They are now called "Flagship" achievements and are simplified
  • Added "Transfer Squad" buttons to Transfer Crew/Goods/Fighters UI
  • Gates now change their owner if the faction that own the sector they lead to changes
  • Valuables detector upgrade now shows flight recorders in wreckages
  • Added blueprinting functionality to turret factory
  • Added the ability to switch crafts and interact from the Strategy Mode
  • Added more radio chatter
  • Replaced factions like "The pirates of ___" with "The buccaneers of ___" to avoid confusion with always-hostile pirate factions
  • Added story and lore fragments and logs for players to find
  • Added a "Repair" order
  • Alliance ranks can now have icons assigned

UI

"Almost only quality of life stuff and maybe something to do with bug fixing."

• Removed obsolete ToggleHangars control setting
  • Alliance's resources are shown while Alliance Diplomacy Tab is opened
  • Drone is now shown as last entry in ship selection of "switch to ship in sector"
  • Filter text box of the buy/sell map commands is no longer case sensitive
  • Reworked several icons
  • Added a hint that is shown when a player manages to crash the drone in a way that it turns unflyable
  • Added a tracker to track your current mission
  • Added several "nothing-to-see-here" texts that are displayed instead of the meaningless void that are empty lists
    • Ie. Smuggler's market now shows 'You have no stolen goods' if player has no stolen goods

[*]Added a check box to Galaxy Map for toggling the "notes" icon

[*]Add HOME and END key functions to multi line text box

[*]Weapon groups now show their bound key in "Current Ship" tab and Turret Controls, not just a number

[*]Improved several texts and descriptions

[*]Added an extra dialog layer to "Give me all your cargo" that doesn't immediately worsen relations

[*]Price of turrets is now shown in their tooltips

[*]Changed the DPS value of tooltips to Omicron, we kinda just wanna see how you guys react

[*]If you like the above change, write "Banana" in the comments as feedback

[*]If you don't, write "Lemon" in the comments to confuse people

[*]Added separate sliders to building mode for non-uniform scaling

[*]Added input boxes for entering the scale

[*]Smugglers market's unbrand text field now doesn't allow higher numbers than the player has

[*]Building stats now show the amount of small, medium and large fighters that can be stored in hangar

[*]Added size to Modify Whole Ship window

[*]Ship stats overview now uses human readable number system for HP and Shields

[*]Selections are now mirrored

[*]Improved performance of several menus and HUD elements

[*]Galaxy Map: Craft portraits can only be selected with Left Mouse so you cannot accidently select a ship while setting a route

[*]Improved visibility of valuables detector upgrade arrows

[*]Squads of fighters can now be moved up & down in UI

[*]Added tracking of ingredients list of Turret Factory

Client

• Adjusted volume of Mining Lasers of Drone
  • Adjusted volume of point defense chainguns and lasers
  • Added toggle for 'No Turning' in Mouse Steering
  • Added a new snapping mode that snaps all corners of a block into a global grid
  • Added an option to mute sound when focus of the window is lost

Building Mode

• Improved clarity of color window tooltips
  • Added color picker button to colors window
  • Added combo box to colors window to switch between used colors first and normal order

Misc

• Added chat message when player enters a hazard zone
  • Reworked several texts

Scripting API

• Renamed TorpedoLauncher:getTorpedoes() -> getNumTorpedoes()
  • Added nextQuadraticRect() to Listers
  • TurretTemplate can now be constructed from other TurretTemplate objects
  • Added Tab.isActiveTab property
  • Fixed an issue where sorting in InventorySelection wouldn't work when it wasn't filled with content from a Player's inventory
  • Added access to tracked missions
  • Added SystemUpgradeLoot class
  • Added moddable weapon sound effects

Bugfixes

"Bug reports marked with [uBR] are user bug reports. I think there is a clear tendency visible in the list below, and we're not planning on stopping. Keep it up guys! :)"

• [uBR] Fixed an issue with gates leading to sectors without gates
  • [uBR] Fixed an issue with wreckages getting duplicated
  • [uBR] Fixed a bug when pressing Escape while moving a window
  • [uBR] Fixed an issue where Railguns with 0 firerate could be created
  • [uBR] Fixed an issue where players would be put into their drone on relog
  • [uBR] Fixed several issues where english would be used instead of the chosen localization
  • Fixed several issues where wrong factions were used while interacting with alliance ships
  • [uBR] Fixed an issue where the Adventurer and Boss Swoks could spawn in the same sector
  • [uBR] Fixed an issue where text field scrolling would scroll too far
  • Fixed a client crash when jumping into a sector with a craft by a different alliance, i.e. not the alliance the player is in
  • [uBR] Fixed several errand missions sending players over the barrier
  • [uBR] Fixed an issue where selling to your own smuggler's market would not make you any money
  • [uBR] Fixed an issue where the crew quarters delta wasn't displayed in building stats
  • [uBR] Fixed an issue where shooting down persecutors and drones could create hazard zones
  • [uBR] Fixed color loot still being around
  • [uBR] Fixed valuables detector icon still being shown even after there are no more valuables in the sector
  • [uBR] Fixed an issue where selecting ships and more in the Strategy Mode would not actually select them after exiting the mode
  • [uBR] Fixed an issue where high-material turrets remained even after transforming its block material too low
  • [uBR] Fixed an issue where the Strategy Mode action menu wasn't updated when selecting via the overview list
  • [uBR] Fixed a very bad hang in server while saving/loading
  • [uBR] Fixed an issue where too many crew problems were shown
  • [uBR] Fixed an issue where rifts that are only one sector wide weren't shown on the map
  • [uBR] Fixed an issue where time stamps in logs weren't working
  • [uBR] Fixed an issue where ships would chase each other out of a sector indefinitely
    • They still do chases, but no longer indefinitely

[*][uBR] Fixed an issue where the artifact from the exodus mission could be dropped indefinitely

[*][uBR] Fixed an issue where focus events of window weren't properly handled

[*][uBR] Fixed an issue where "Target selected" sound was played a lot while drawing a rect-selection in Strategy Mode

[*][uBR] Fixed an issue where travelling merchants didn't have enough cargo space

[*][uBR] Fixed an issue where "Ship Problem" icons overlapped

[*][uBR] Fixed an issue where ship icons would overlap with command icons on the Galaxy Map

[*][uBR] Fixed an issue where both attack and salvage fighters were used for salvaging

[*][uBR] Fixed an issue where ads for reconstruction tokens were shown on Hardcore and above

[*][uBR] Fixed an issue where Hyperspace Engine efficiency hint was displayed when Hyperspace Engine was disabled

Known issues

"We still have tons of things to do, we know that and we're working hard on it! Please keep reporting bugs as you're already doing. You guys are awesome!"

You post too early.  Steam doesn't show 0.33 yet. :P

Definitely some great stuff in there (especially turret blueprinting and valuables detector showing flight recorders (YAY!)), and some stuff that made me lol.  I'm tempted to write "banana lemon cookies" in here, but as I haven't been able to get in and actually see it, yet....

:) :P

I REALLY like the ship name and alliance emblem tag modification and block.  I imagine this will drastically reduce the block count of those ultra detailed ships.  Also turret blueprint function at factories will be fantastic. 

Is there potentially a list of changes the team is planning to implement before/after release?  Especially in regarding to block/game mechanic changes?  I'm currently slowly adding on to the Neulance Armada ship/station set and would like to design my ships with future changes/additions in mind if at all possible.  I know that might be too much to ask, but its worth a shot.

Patch 0.33.0

• Gates now change their owner if the faction that own the sector they lead to changes

With this in addition to the introduction of boarding I wonder:

Does this mean that factions will actually conquer territory in faction wars now?

Like: A faction is attacking a sector and will board those stations, taking control of the sector and after that is done the gates will change owner as well so the sector has effectively been transfered from the territory of one faction to another ones?

Or am I misunderstanding?

Patch 0.33.0

With this in addition to the introduction of boarding I wonder:

Does this mean that factions will actually conquer territory in faction wars now?

Like: A faction is attacking a sector and will board those stations, taking control of the sector and after that is done the gates will change owner as well so the sector has effectively been transfered from the territory of one faction to another ones?

Or am I misunderstanding?

I think at one point they mentioned that’s what they want to have happen (territory changing hands). Don’t remember where, though.

I think at one point they mentioned that’s what they want to have happen (territory changing hands). Don’t remember where, though.

This is an answer i got form the QnA in the Avorion Discord a while ago:

Q: Are there any plans to make dynamic factions, that conquer and loose territory?

A: No, AI factions won’t be dynamic and conquer sectors. It would take too long to get it working in a way that we like it. It would be like adding another game like Stellaris into Avorion.

I am confused now