Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

How to improve faction relations from "bad" to "neutral" and above?

Ralfinho

Hey folks,

ive got a little problem with some factions. When i get closer to the barrier most factions have a "bad" relation. To improve the relations there are some advices in the wiki like:

1. Buying or selling resources at a resource trader

2. Buying ships at shipyards

3.  Helping factions defend against hostile attacks

4.  Selling claimed asteroids

but

1. You only get a faction bonus the first time you sell the same resource to the station

2. i get the message "we aren't allowed to trade with you"

3. only works with pirates not with Xsotan, pirates spawn very rare

4. most are claimed on multiplayer servers

Missions are very ineffective cause you only get between 60 and 2500 faction points (depends on the money you earn) and because no trader sells goods you have to move to other factions with better reputation.

Are there other ways to improve the relations?

Thx.

One way is to bribe them every hour, giving them credits or ores.  This should work in getting you to neutral where you can start trading with them and increasing it that way.  You can also help them out in wars with other factions you don't care about.  That pretty much assures you maximum status last time I checked. 

I thought if you got the final blow on an Xsotan you would gain faction standing?  Is this not the case anymore?

The wiki needs to be updated

I thought if you got the final blow on an Xsotan you would gain faction standing?  Is this not the case anymore?

I haven't seen a message on it with Xsotan, so am inclined to believe not, but don't know for sure.

I also find that pirates are typically more common than Xsotan?  Though does that change at or near the core?

Also, you can go to all of those "help we are under attack by pirate" pop ups.  Look for the free the slaves mission as well and when you don't ask for a reward you get a pretty hefty chunk of reputation.

I'm not sure about the number of Xsotan near the core.  I would expect there would be more the closer you get though.

Run the free slaves missions. They (as of previous update at least) offer 15,000 reputation and can be completed either by destroying a few pirates, or paying the pirates some money (about 200,000 credits). You can basically spam run this mission as long as its being offered at stations in your sector, then jump to a new sector and repeat if needed.

You'll be allies in no time! Even if you pay the pirates, it still won't cost more than a couple million credits.

• 4 weeks later...