Give the turret rotation lock block the ability to edit turret appearances

adumbratus

Suggestion

I am building a few very small ships from the Perry Rhodan Universe and stumbled on a peculiar problem:

Right now it is not possible to put a custom turret appearance on the turret rotation block.

Putting a turret base block on the turret rotation lock block does not work: the turret on the base block can rotate freely.

I think the best solution is:

Give the Turret Rotation Lock Block the ability to edit turret appearances like a Turret Base Block.

3 answers to this suggestion

It'd be nice if there were a property associated with the current turret base block that could allow us to restrict the degrees of motion of the attached turret, all the way down to 0 (locked).  But this would have to be independent of the custom turrets we can build so it's usable with game generated turrets and we're not locking the one custom turret design to x degrees of rotation where ever it's used.

This would allow more freedom in creativity and also allow the devs to get rid of the rotation lock block.

Guest Peasi

Yeah i have the same Problem Right now i would like to add a rotation fixed turret but i also want my custom design it would be realy nice if i could either say in the turret design menu: lock this turret in place / add a design to the roation lock block