Feedback on the new, stronger enemies

FuryoftheStars

So, I didn't get much of a chance to play against the stronger enemies while they were actually being introduced in beta, but I have now.

While in concept I think the idea was good, the problem I'm seeing is that now small ships get toasted even faster than before.  It used to be that I could fight against a small group (3-5) of enemies near the core in even a 7 slot ship without huge difficulty (still required some creative flying and fighting to survive), but now my 7 slot ship can't even stand up against one savage ship most times.  I think it has to do with whatever buff their weapons are getting.  They can strip my shield and destroy the ship in seconds (I'm talking in under 4 seconds for each... which is made worse if you encounter an enemy with Pulse Cannons), making me have to constantly boost away from them until the timer regarding repair expires, repair, and then fly back and try to cause a little more damage before doing it again.  Last encounter I did this with was a small Xsoton encounter.  They only had 3 or 4 corvettes, two of which were of the tough variety.  I had to deal with each individually in this manor.  I think I did a repair 6 times before both were dead.

Personally, I'd like to see the weapons balanced so that even regular enemies are not simple push overs before you seriously start considering adding these tougher enemies.  Maybe even balance HP and SP gains so that player ships aren't easily getting into the millions and tens of millions with such ease (diminishing returns)?

Again, these changes are just making the use of smaller ships even more useless than before right now.