Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

You are not ready for release...but if you have to:

SnakeWildlife

You need to fix these major issues which will definitely have a negative impact on the current version of the game, and peoples review scores.

These are MANDATORY before you call this game 1.0.

1. The Cat and Mouse chasing AI which see's ships flying 100's of KM away needs removing, it doesnt work! Put the old AI behavior back in.

2. Slow the ships speeds back down to what they were. The speed buffs were bad and are completely unnessacary in a game like this when sectors are so small. There is no reason for me to travel 100km per second in this game, PERIOD. Ship speeds right now make Missile, short range machine gun weaponry, torpedo's HARMLESS (lets face it EVERYTHING apart from lightning and rail), completely useless! Running away from combat should not be so easy. You can find more information about this here: https://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,6091.0.html

3. Nerf Lightning and Rail weapon range, these 2 weapons hold the combat engine hostage. With range nerfs, and ship speeds brought down, we will be able to properly engage in combat that is both harder to escape from, allows proper dogfighting to work, and allows us to enjoy all weapon types, not just Lightning and Rail every single game. EASY fix right there.

4. We cannot host multiplayer servers because of a huge hemorrhaging of our bandwidth, please pay more attention to the posts made by Goshen on this matter:

https://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,6061.0.html

When each player costs so much bandwidth, even with top internet service providers, the bandwidth leak is unmanageable.

Every, single,  version of Avorion for the last year and a half has had this major problem, and you seem to be not listening or not bothering.

I am worried by announcing 1.0, that you have simply lost the passion to develop. If that actually IS the case, at least fix these issues before you dare call it complete, else you are simply walking away from what is currently, visibly a very faulty product.

I want to leave a positive review on Avorion, but i started another game a few days ago and within 6 hours i stopped playing because i just couldnt stand the AI flying 100's of KM's everytime it engages in battle anymore, i was sick of it. It looks to me to be in a broken state. Right now...cant play this.

Do not release with these issues still here. These issues in particular will determine wether i recommend, or not recomment the game. I want to praise Avorion and play it with my friends, but you're making it reeeal difficult.

You are not ready for release until you address these game breakers.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am worried by announcing 1.0, that you have simply lost the passion to develop. If that actually IS the case, at least fix these issues before you dare call it complete, else you are simply walking away from what is currently, visibly a very faulty product.

I want to leave a positive review on Avorion, but i started another game a few days ago and within 6 hours i stopped playing because i just couldnt stand the AI flying 100's of KM's everytime it engages in battle anymore, i was sick of it. It looks to me to be in a broken state. Right now...cant play this.

Do not release with these issues still here. These issues in particular will determine wether i recommend, or not recomment the game. I want to praise Avorion and play it with my friends, but you're making it reeeal difficult.

It’s good to be worried, but about development, it seems that the developers are too excited to have lost the passion to develop. In their announcement of 1.0, they address this concern about the game’s development halting. They state that not only will regular updates continue, but also the possibility of DLCs. They also reassure in saying that they could leave it in early access forever because of how much there is to add and adjust, but they’ve decided that March 9th will have the game they dreamed of years ago.

I’m sorry that you feel that way about how some ships fly fast, but I don’t agree. To me, the speedy ships add a challenge and variety to the slow mix, while also not appearing out-of-place. I welcome a tweak to the speed of ships, but I do like it as it is.

As for the servers, I can’t say about that, but I hope that’s fixed.

It’s good to be worried, but about development, it seems that the developers are too excited to have lost the passion to develop. In their announcement of 1.0, they address this concern about the game’s development halting. They state that not only will regular updates continue, but also the possibility of DLCs. They also reassure in saying that they could leave it in early access forever because of how much there is to add and adjust, but they’ve decided that March 9th will have the game they dreamed of years ago.

I’m sorry that you feel that way about how some ships fly fast, but I don’t agree. To me, the speedy ships add a challenge and variety to the slow mix, while also not appearing out-of-place. I welcome a tweak to the speed of ships, but I do like it as it is.

As for the servers, I can’t say about that, but I hope that’s fixed.

DLC's on a game that is struggling to find its playerbase and to correct its basic state flaws, is the last thing they need to ever think about at this point, and i would suggest to you not to go asking them to take money for content snippets at this point. Dont promote that, for the love of everything.

I do not pay for fixes, i do not pay to add content to a game which releases, lacking content.

If i hear about DLC's on Avorion, i am jumping off this project.

So when ships in combat fly 500km away, you find it ''challenging'' that you have to fly all the way over there to join them? I cannot understand how you can even remotely consider or come to the conclusion for one second that this isnt a flaw in the game and somehow a feature. It is simply not defendable and by trying to suggest its a feature you are harming the prospect of a fix to an obvious Problem that you need to admit is a problem.

""The possibility of DLC's""...i am a passionate customer of Avorion, but i actually feel some form of Offense when you bring that up at this stage of development when the game is so unplayable. We are not cows to be milked, suggesting DLC's at this point would be to humilliate customers, the few that are still around.

To the developers, i say this as a witness to many previous bugs gone unfixed, complaints gone unheard, and the community attempting to help you and get hardly a mention that anything is being done about it:

Start listening to your customers, start hammering out these major flaws or your 1.0 release, will fail faster than Anthem.

So when ships in combat fly 500km away, you find it ''challenging'' that you have to fly all the way over there to join them? I cannot understand how you can even remotely consider or come to the conclusion for one second that this isnt a flaw in the game and somehow a feature. It is simply not defendable and by trying to suggest its a feature you are harming the prospect of a fix to an obvious Problem that you need to admit is a problem.

I’ve not ever seen a ship fly so far away from me, so even if you aren’t exaggerating, it cannot be a “major” issue since it happens rarely and combat is often optional for advancement. I’ve seen them fly 100km for something else, but they return to me when they’re finished or dead.

I have seen slow pirates 50km away, but I’m not required to hunt them, and no personal ship of mine is too slow to reach them within 50 seconds. When I try to flee from a deadly ambush, the speedy ships catch up to fight. Whether I’m weak or strong, it’s always fun to have to dodge and shoot at high speeds in a pirate sector. Both of us—the hunting pirates and I—fly at hundreds or even thousands of meters per second and exchange volleys. I love it.

I spent a few minutes looking for pirates and tried to capture the high-speed chases I sometimes enjoy. I might upload a 30 second video to YouTube when I have the time to check whether the video captured what I wanted it to. Might not be able to, though, (and it’s not necessary).

Maybe you can describe what exactly is unfun about how the pirates use speed? I might not be understanding you.

I’ve not ever seen a ship fly so far away from me, so even if you aren’t exaggerating, it cannot be a “major” issue since it happens rarely and combat is often optional for advancement. I’ve seen them fly 100km for something else, but they return to me when they’re finished or dead.

I have seen slow pirates 50km away, but I’m not required to hunt them, and no personal ship of mine is too slow to reach them within 50 seconds. When I try to flee from a deadly ambush, the speedy ships catch up to fight. Whether I’m weak or strong, it’s always fun to have to dodge and shoot at high speeds in a pirate sector. Both of us—the hunting pirates and I—fly at hundreds or even thousands of meters per second and exchange volleys. I love it.

I spent a few minutes looking for pirates and tried to capture the high-speed chases I sometimes enjoy. I might upload a 30 second video to YouTube when I have the time to check whether the video captured what I wanted it to. Might not be able to, though, (and it’s not necessary).

Maybe you can describe what exactly is unfun about how the pirates use speed? I might not be understanding you.

I have had issues with the ships flying away.  You can see this behavior by watching sector security ships as they chase the pirates or whatever around.  I've had it, too, where I'm the only ship in sector and by the time I'm done, I'm having to fly back close to 200km just to reach the spot where I destroyed the first one.

Well, I think there are two things.

First, the new behavior where the ships try to stay at max range.  I think this is where most of the flying 200-300km out is coming from.

Second is that yeah, large ships can get up to 1kps pre-boost while smaller ships can only achieve a few hundred m/s.  I almost feel like that should be flipped.  Big ships' advantage should be larger weapons (and thus increased range) and the ability to soak damage.  Smaller ships should be able to avoid damage through maneuverability and speed.

First, the new behavior where the ships try to stay at max range.  I think this is where most of the flying 200-300km out is coming from.

Second is that yeah, large ships can get up to 1kps pre-boost while smaller ships can only achieve a few hundred m/s.  I almost feel like that should be flipped.  Big ships' advantage should be larger weapons (and thus increased range) and the ability to soak damage.  Smaller ships should be able to avoid damage through maneuverability and speed.

I agree, the flip on speed should be one thing to fix. Small ships must have a speed advantage and large ships will have to use a lot of thrust to even move :)

Also range scaling for turret size would be a nice addition

And an overall smaller dmg bandwidth that makes smaller ships more viable

That all making a fleet gameplay more viable and interesting because of different roles of ships

Preach!  I've been wanting the speeds to be flipped for awhile.  I've rarely seen the case where ships fly that far off either.

And as far as the OP, I 100% disagree that the NPC ship AI should go back to the way they were.  This is a terrible idea as the game was incredibly easy and you could literally just snipe an entire system from where you jumped in without ANY of the AI getting to shoot back.  If anything make easy like that, but its not engaging or challenging.  I do not want the devs to make the combat dull again.  Ship speeds just need to be fixed as furyofthestars suggested.

And as far as the OP, I 100% disagree that the NPC ship AI should go back to the way they were.  This is a terrible idea as the game was incredibly easy and you could literally just snipe an entire system from where you jumped in without ANY of the AI getting to shoot back. 

So nerf weapon range.  The elephant in the room is Lightning and Rail, some of us have been screaming from the bottom of our lungs for over 2 years to nerf these. The nerf has never happened and these 2 types of weapon are damaging the games potential, Lightning and Rail have been holding Avorion hostage for too long.

For heavens sake even the final boss Guardian has a max attack range of 5km...not 22+  is this not obvious evidence of a diamond-clear problem everybody can see. Everybody can see this issue right, you cant miss it. If you have fought the Guardian, then you already know its attack range, and you probably stay right in that sweet 5.1 spot where it just doesnt attack or chase you.

You cant just design the entire game differently, to revolve around these 2 weapon types. Clearly, the easy fix is to nerf range. DONE.

Sure there are other ways of doing things, but 1.0 is March 9th, they no longer have time to redesign the combat for the 50th time

This whole dilly dallying over these issues is costing time and harming the game, these urgent issues need nailing out NOW or it will be too late, the game will launch, and the reviews are going to divebomb because combat is so disfunctional.

We need to stop argueing and get these issues SLAMMED DOWN before 1.0 (they ARE in a rush at this point).  That deadline is so short, theres no time for us to keep butting heads, we need quick RAPIDFIRE solutions and not to debate ideas for redesigns.

Release your game right, THE FIRST TIME.

28 days left...

I hope my formatting emits the aura of proper urgency Avorion is currently in, to get these fixes down. 28 days is a blink in the development world.  The deadline is not long enough for indecision.

Also range scaling for turret size would be a nice addition

Already does, but the affect on non-mining/salvaging turrets is small.

turretgenerator.lua, lines 268 - 277

local increase = 0
if type == WeaponType.MiningLaser or type == WeaponType.SalvagingLaser then
    -- mining and salvaging laser reach is scaled more
    increase = (scale.size + 0.5) - 1
else
    -- scale reach a little
    increase = (scale.usedSlots - 1) * 0.15
end

weapon.reach = weapon.reach * (1 + increase)

And as far as the OP, I 100% disagree that the NPC ship AI should go back to the way they were.  This is a terrible idea as the game was incredibly easy and you could literally just snipe an entire system from where you jumped in without ANY of the AI getting to shoot back. 

So nerf weapon range.  The elephant in the room is Lightning and Rail, some of us have been screaming from the bottom of our lungs for over 2 years to nerf these. The nerf has never happened and these 2 types of weapon are damaging the games potential, Lightning and Rail have been holding Avorion hostage for too long.

For heavens sake even the final boss Guardian has a max attack range of 5km...not 22+  is this not obvious evidence of a diamond-clear problem everybody can see. Everybody can see this issue right, you cant miss it. If you have fought the Guardian, then you already know its attack range, and you probably stay right in that sweet 5.1 spot where it just doesnt attack or chase you.

You cant just design the entire game differently, to revolve around these 2 weapon types. Clearly, the easy fix is to nerf range. DONE.

Sure there are other ways of doing things, but 1.0 is March 9th, they no longer have time to redesign the combat for the 50th time

This whole dilly dallying over these issues is costing time and harming the game, these urgent issues need nailing out NOW or it will be too late, the game will launch, and the reviews are going to divebomb because combat is so disfunctional.

We need to stop argueing and get these issues SLAMMED DOWN before 1.0 (they ARE in a rush at this point).  That deadline is so short, theres no time for us to keep butting heads, we need quick RAPIDFIRE solutions and not to debate ideas for redesigns.

Release your game right, THE FIRST TIME.

28 days left...

I hope my formatting emits the aura of proper urgency Avorion is currently in, to get these fixes down. 28 days is a blink in the development world.  The deadline is not long enough for indecision.

You can't just nerf weapon range and expect to be fixed, THAT is what should be obvious.  There are meant to be weapons with longer ranges and mechanics for different playstyles.  Yes, Lightning and Rails are indeed OP and 100% the meta.  But that doesn't you mean you make all the weapons the same and boring with little to no variation.  Lightning could be made to be way more inaccurate, especially at long ranges, railguns could be made to pierce armor blocks (doing no damage to armor) and hit the underlying hull underneath doing a FLAT damage with no penetration.  Armor should also be sperate from hull, cannon and missile projectile speeds should be raised.  I made an indepth post on how all this would work in a suggestion I made. 

While your idea may be one way to help the game, I, personally do not view it as the right way and here is why, give it a consideration.  Railguns would still be overpowered because of the penetration multiplier, and lightning would still also be OP because of its very high damage output.  Lightning and rail ships will still dominate in close up fights with the only contender being teslas.  Add the slow and cumbersome old AI to the mix and you are guaranteed to hit these slow ships  There needs to be a comprehensive balance to weapon damages, damage types, projectile speeds, resistances, ect in my opinion to make the game diverse and engaging.

Yes the devs have a lot of balancing to do and yes they are going to be under a lot of time pressure to fix it.  The last thing the devs need is a post telling them THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO FIX YOUR GAME and guilt tripping them.

You can't just nerf weapon range and expect to be fixed, THAT is what should be obvious.  There are meant to be weapons with longer ranges and mechanics for different playstyles.  Yes, Lightning and Rails are indeed OP and 100% the meta.  But that doesn't you mean you make all the weapons the same and boring with little to no variation.  Lightning could be made to be way more inaccurate, especially at long ranges, railguns could be made to pierce armor blocks (doing no damage to armor) and hit the underlying hull underneath doing a FLAT damage with no penetration.  Armor should also be sperate from hull, cannon and missile projectile speeds should be raised.  I made an indepth post on how all this would work in a suggestion I made. 

While your idea may be one way to help the game, I, personally do not view it as the right way and here is why, give it a consideration.  Railguns would still be overpowered because of the penetration multiplier, and lightning would still also be OP because of its very high damage output.  Lightning and rail ships will still dominate in close up fights with the only contender being teslas.  Add the slow and cumbersome old AI to the mix and you are guaranteed to hit these slow ships  There needs to be a comprehensive balance to weapon damages, damage types, projectile speeds, resistances, ect in my opinion to make the game diverse and engaging.

Yes the devs have a lot of balancing to do and yes they are going to be under a lot of time pressure to fix it.  The last thing the devs need is a post telling them THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO FIX YOUR GAME and guilt tripping them.

Im being quite firm and asking them them to quickly bandage the game because i am honestly annoyed with the current state of the game, have waited a year and a half to play but these issues have prevented me from playing a proper game, the incredibly slow development speed of the game, and the announcement that on March 9th they want to call it a 1.0. It is not ready and unless the development speed increases and fixes start coming in rapid-fire style, it looks like it is the purpose plan that theyre going to release an unfinished product perhaps intentionally to get a 'New Release' popup on steam and some smallscale extra sales. Seems morally wrong to shorthand the customers like that. Kinda bad behavior i would expect from a Bethesda game, not from these guys.

I never said i wanted to make all the weapons the same, anywhere, ever, and i would never support that idea.

Just thought i would counter that because i did not say that. Putting words in my mouth there a bit mate.

Like i said, we need to slap quick bandages on these things. Time is out. Apply a quick fix, done, boom! Move onto the next thing.

For heavens sake even the final boss Guardian has a max attack range of 5km...not 22+  is this not obvious evidence of a diamond-clear problem everybody can see. Everybody can see this issue right, you cant miss it. If you have fought the Guardian, then you already know its attack range, and you probably stay right in that sweet 5.1 spot where it just doesn't attack or chase you.

You said it, I am not putting words in your mouth.  If you reduce the range of 2 of the 3 long range weapons to equivalent to the other non long-range weapons, then yes all weapons will basically be the same just with different damage types with these two still being OP thanks to the penetration and high damage. 

As I stated, the mechanics of lightning and rail need to change not their range.  As do the mechanics with large ships having a higher base speed than small ships.  The NPC ship AI should not ever revert to their old and cumbersome selves, it made the game incredibly boring and easy.

Im being quite firm and asking them them to quickly bandage the game because i am honestly annoyed with the current state of the game, have waited a year and a half to play but these issues have prevented me from playing a proper game, the incredibly slow development speed of the game, and the announcement that on March 9th they want to call it a 1.0. It is not ready and unless the development speed increases and fixes start coming in rapid-fire style, it looks like it is the purpose plan that theyre going to release an unfinished product perhaps intentionally to get a 'New Release' popup on steam and some smallscale extra sales. Seems morally wrong to shorthand the customers like that. Kinda bad behavior i would expect from a Bethesda game, not from these guys.

There has never been issues with you playing the game, it is functional and it works well mechanically.  The only thing "preventing you from plaing" is your gripes with issues which do indeed need resolving, and they have fixed alot of issues already.  I'm not saying they are done because there indeed does need to be fixes, which is what they are currently working on.  Nearly all "1.0" releases by every single company need patches, do you know why?  The answer is because nearly no games are released perfect.  This game is already functional and MAGNITUDES more bug and glitch free than any Bethesda game, its not really a contest. 

This is not a cop out card I'm giving the devs, so far they have continued to fix the game issues and give us new content.  Yes its at a slow pace, but when you have such a small team like the devs have... what do you expect?  More than likely they can't really afford to hire extra help, and are hoping the extra sells on release will allow them to get help and finish patching up the completed game (content wise).

You said it, I am not putting words in your mouth.  If you reduce the range of 2 of the 3 long range weapons to equivalent to the other non long-range weapons, then yes all weapons will basically be the same just with different damage types with these two still being OP thanks to the penetration and high damage. 

As I stated, the mechanics of lightning and rail need to change not their range.  As do the mechanics with large ships having a higher base speed than small ships.  The NPC ship AI should not ever revert to their old and cumbersome selves, it made the game incredibly boring and easy.

There has never been issues with you playing the game, it is functional and it works well mechanically.  The only thing "preventing you from plaing" is your gripes with issues which do indeed need resolving, and they have fixed alot of issues already.  I'm not saying they are done because there indeed does need to be fixes, which is what they are currently working on.  Nearly all "1.0" releases by every single company need patches, do you know why?  The answer is because nearly no games are released perfect.  This game is already functional and MAGNITUDES more bug and glitch free than any Bethesda game, its not really a contest. 

This is not a cop out card I'm giving the devs, so far they have continued to fix the game issues and give us new content.  Yes its at a slow pace, but when you have such a small team like the devs have... what do you expect?  More than likely they can't really afford to hire extra help, and are hoping the extra sells on release will allow them to get help and finish patching up the completed game (content wise).

There is nothing wrong with damage type gameplay, Pokemon do this and look how big that industry is.

I have to strongly disagree with all of your points based on my analysis of obvious game problems that everyone here can see crystal clear within the first day of gameplay, by how you sound it just adds to my diamondstrong belief that it just feels like everyone wants to defend their ability to snipe and be unbeatable to due the range problem..., which makes this game...NOT a game. The fabric of the game mechanics are completely torn down by this issue and the defenders need to move aside for the sake of the games future. The game has NOTHING to fight you back with once you have your lightning and rail cheese. I dont mean to sound like a doctor but...

Step one to fixing range problems with lightning and rail is to admit that range with lightning and rail is a problem, this denial harms Avorion. Defending this is what is going to be one of the main causes of people walking out the door, me included and we're fed up of it.

Its time to stop the ''i want to keep my godly build'' and change it to ''ok its time to seriously balance this''.

There absolutely are issues with me being able to play the game due the games fabric being so torn full of these gamebreaking holes and bugs that right now i cant play because these issues are a showstopper. They frustrate me to the point i cant continue.

If by function and work well you mean enemies flying over 300km and disappearing from your HUD because they are so far away is good mechanics, i just....i dont understand why you continue to defend an obvious gamebreaking bug. I have no idea why some of you Defend obvious, proven bugs, youre killing Avorion with even this being a debate, which it shouldnt be.

Extra sales does not = faster development speed. In many cases especially in the Indie industry, it can often mean the total opposite. Some decide to keep developing, some take the money and RUN. With a AAA game company youre almost garauntee'd further development, but with Avorion...it is not possible for us to know, even if they say they plan to continue, they may not. Nobody knows.

1.0  needs to be stable, and bug free as possible. Currently, it is neither.

27 days left. See how quick these days are ticking by? And we still have denyers blockading the vital changes neccasary.

Enough of this Shielding and deflecting, put it aside for vital fixes and changes. Clock is ticking.

There is nothing wrong with damage type gameplay, Pokemon do this and look how big that industry is.

I have to strongly disagree with all of your points based on my analysis of obvious game problems that everyone here can see crystal clear within the first day of gameplay, by how you sound it just adds to my diamondstrong belief that it just feels like everyone wants to defend their ability to snipe and be unbeatable to due the range problem..., which makes this game...NOT a game. The fabric of the game mechanics are completely torn down by this issue and the defenders need to move aside for the sake of the games future. The game has NOTHING to fight you back with once you have your lightning and rail cheese. I dont mean to sound like a doctor but...

Step one to fixing range problems with lightning and rail is to admit that range with lightning and rail is a problem, this denial harms Avorion. Defending this is what is going to be one of the main causes of people walking out the door, me included and we're fed up of it.

Its time to stop the ''i want to keep my godly build'' and change it to ''ok its time to seriously balance this''.

There absolutely are issues with me being able to play the game due the games fabric being so torn full of these gamebreaking holes and bugs that right now i cant play because these issues are a showstopper. They frustrate me to the point i cant continue.

If by function and work well you mean enemies flying over 300km and disappearing from your HUD because they are so far away is good mechanics, i just....i dont understand why you continue to defend an obvious gamebreaking bug. I have no idea why some of you Defend obvious, proven bugs, youre killing Avorion with even this being a debate, which it shouldnt be.

Extra sales does not = faster development speed. In many cases especially in the Indie industry, it can often mean the total opposite. Some decide to keep developing, some take the money and RUN. With a AAA game company youre almost garauntee'd further development, but with Avorion...it is not possible for us to know, even if they say they plan to continue, they may not. Nobody knows.

1.0  needs to be stable, and bug free as possible. Currently, it is neither.

27 days left. See how quick these days are ticking by? And we still have denyers blockading the vital changes neccasary.

Enough of this Shielding and deflecting, put it aside for vital fixes and changes. Clock is ticking.

Are you even reading what I write completely? Please read others posts throughly before responding.  And when you disagree, explain WHY exactly that is instead of being closeminded.  I don't mind debating the issue, but when you are not giving enough proof for me to believe you and NOT really reading what I'm writing then I find it pointless.  Currently, it just seems like you want to toxic flame post because you are upset (which I get).

Everything I have suggested will fix the lightning/rail "meta".  I have never stated I want to "keep my OP lightning and rails" and I can assure you I want them nerfed.  This is you putting words in my mouth, I literally said I want them nerfed because they are OP.  I just disagree that nerfing their range is the right choice, because I don't want weapons that all have similar ranges... many railguns I find  in the beta branch already have a range barely of 10 km.   

I ALSO previously stated, the ship speeds need to be changed such that larger ships with the long range weaponry will not be faster than smaller ships which results in the "cat and mouse" 300+ km away from the start.  The issue is when these longer range large ships are speeding away tring to get at the optimal range (which it is based on) and the small ship chasing after because of its shorter range.  This is why the new AI isn't flawed, just how the game calculate's ship's speed which is also an easy fix.

I ALSO never said I dislike the damage type model.  I just don't like making all the weapons with similar ranges where the only real difference is infact the damage type.  That is far too simplistic for a game with one of the best ship building.

You are correct that alot of game companies will take the money and run, and that could be what happens here, who knows?  I'd like to think the devs with this game won't but it is a possibility.  I just hope that they use the extra money to ensure their game gets fully polished.  It doesn't hurt to be optimisitc. 

I'm here to jump on this bandwagon. I hope ya'll don't mind.

I'll not be buying any DLC until some basics are covered.

-repair turrets/fighters do not autofire on damaged friendlies. Literally useless unless managed directly by the player.

- You cannot commission a specific ship from the workshop @ a shipyard. having to do 50 extra clicks is annoying & finding enough crew after "upgrading" to the intended layout is a huge drag

-the player cannot build any basic function stations. We need to be able to refine our own freaking ore & have our own repair docks/ shipyards. Turret, fighter, and torpedo production shouldn't be restricted to AI factions, either.

-The "new station" fee is ridiculous. 10m credits to found a station from an already existing ship in an un-owned sector? Who am I paying & what exactly am I buying?  Considering it will take about 100 in game hours for said station to actually turn a profit it seems to me that IRL it costs more to run my computer than it cost to buy the game.

- Manual aiming of turrets. with a variety of weapons equipped (lasers & machine guns, for example) you cannot hit your target with both simultaneously.  The "target lead" necessity for MG turrets seems to be completely ignored. you can compensate as the player by leading manually, but that causes laser turrets to fire into empty space. The end result is that manual-aimed turrets are 100% useless. Auto-aiming turrets being stapled with the 50% damage reduction is just an insult to injury considering that all AI-owned turrets do not have this limitation. They ARE aimed by the AI and do not have a damage reduction applied.

- AI ships cannot be ordered to dock at a station for the purpose of transferring wares/crew/fighters or buying equipment. All of this must be done manually. Transporters ease this eventually but make the beginning of the game much more annoying than it needs to be & provides a huge grind-wall. (You've gotta buy transporter software for ~3mill credits for each ship, not to mention traversing 1/2 the galaxy to find Xanion. Still have to pilot a ship to transfer crew/ wares after all this.) As a "fleet commander" style game, having to manually pilot every single one of my ships is counter intuitive. A Navy admiral doesn't manage the manning of ships directly like this.

-Saving turret blueprint configurations: By this, I mean that a workshop design should have it's turret blueprints saved to (as a part of)  it's design. So, as the player, I wouldn't have to manually find the authors turret's and apply them directly to 10-15 turret hard-points on each of my 10-20 ships. I can understand the necessity of the player installing the actual turret equipment, but the cosmetic aspect needs to be less "600 clicks per ship" just to get it to where the author intended for it to be.

-the player cannot build any basic function stations. We need to be able to refine our own freaking ore & have our own repair docks/ shipyards. Turret, fighter, and torpedo production shouldn't be restricted to AI factions, either.

Only thing I’m gonna comment on from your post is this.  You as the player can build these types of stations. They’re (I believe) in the last tab of station classes that you can build.

- Auto-aiming turrets being stapled with the 50% damage reduction is just an insult to injury considering that all AI-owned turrets do not have this limitation. They ARE aimed by the AI and do not have a damage reduction applied.

I see both the problem and the solution right there. Do you?

Hint: press 'T'

- Auto-aiming turrets being stapled with the 50% damage reduction is just an insult to injury considering that all AI-owned turrets do not have this limitation. They ARE aimed by the AI and do not have a damage reduction applied.

What does ‘T’ do?

What does ‘T’ do?

I think deadok is saying leave your ship and let the captain pilot and shoot. Then you won’t need auto fire turrets and thus not incur the 50% damage penalty.

Personally, I don’t consider that an answer/solution.