You are not ready for release...but if you have to:

SnakeWildlife

TBH, though?  Large ships shouldn’t be zooming around and maneuvering like fighter craft dancing around each other. Large craft should be more or less slugging it back and forth.

Completely agree.  That's the real issue here imo.  They just need to either rework the way mass works or do some stat nerfing like I suggested in my comprehensive combat rebalancing post.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TBH, though?  Large ships shouldn’t be zooming around and maneuvering like fighter craft dancing around each other. Large craft should be more or less slugging it back and forth.

Completely agree.  That's the real issue here imo.  They just need to either rework the way mass works or do some stat nerfing like I suggested in my comprehensive combat rebalancing post.

100000000% agree

acceleration, manouverability and a stealth mechanic are they way to go for small crafts imo. Big ships being capable of reaching higher velocity at the end of acceleration is fine in my eyes.

Speed limit isn't the issue to a point, merely the acceleration and fast rotation speeds of larger ships.

However with that being said, small ships shouldn't have a top speed that is too small either. 

Stealth would be an interesting mechanic, but would need a significant detriment of some kind. In an open game such as this one, you could easily over compensate most detriment s by making ship bigger, and just add stealth to your already super optimized near OP player ship.  Such as not having shields or boost or both.

Speed limit isn't the issue to a point, merely the acceleration and fast rotation speeds of larger ships.

However with that being said, small ships shouldn't have a top speed that is too small either. 

Stealth would be an interesting mechanic, but would need a significant detriment of some kind. In an open game such as this one, you could easily over compensate most detriment s by making ship bigger, and just add stealth to your already super optimized near OP player ship.  Such as not having shields or boost or both.

Stealth wouldn't be too hard to implement imo.  Just make it so where the more volume your ship has the more power it needs, exponentially.  So you could have stealth on your 15 slot flagship but its power cost would be absurdly high and unfeasible as most of your ship would basically just be a generator block (think like 500+ TW).  Smaller ships would be much easier to cloak (I'm assuming a permanently installed system here) as their power requirements would be significantly lower. 

Perhaps (based on rarity) your ship auto-cloaks after you stop firing a weapon.  A legendary cloaking system would allow your ship to slowly fade and cloak within 3 seconds and become untargetable or detectable.  A petty cloak system could be like 20 seconds or something.  When it shoots/mines/salvages/repairs it would uncloak and become targetable and seeable again.  You might would want to make using afterburners uncloak your ship as well as the increase in the energy signature would decloak your ship.  And of course you can take damage while cloaked which should decloak your ship entirely.

It would be pretty damn awesome to have stealth NPC factions.  Where there whole armada and civil ships remain cloaked until fighting/mining/salvaging.  You would just see stations eerily floating around with no ships visible. 

hey what about wormhole crap ? after all yeas wormhole not even get his own mini 3d picture. if you target wormhole you going to see in 3d model last targeting thing  :o

this looks like cuts from game not even beta version.

same story about independent targeting weapons , they still looking in middle of sector all time , way they cant make this type of weapons look forward during idle time like any other weapons and Defense chaingun ? this gun trying to shoot torpedo from 100km away or something not even if they going after you.  >:(

While the wormhole being 3d and ind. turrets pointing towards the center is more aesthetic, I agree that these would be nice to change to further polish the game.  Hopefully in a future update ;D

The defense PDC/Flak shooting at stuff further away than it can reach would be tough to call though.  Personally I don't mind a bit of preemptive shooting just so they are already pointing and shooting at torps/fighters when it comes into range.  If they didn't shoot until they were in range, by the time they are aimed and firing it will be a little too close for comfort.  It is kinda weird when they shoot at something super far away though. maybe have a maximum targeting range of like 20k or something?

Good Morning, just read some of your answers to this topic. Lots of them should be in the suggestion topic, how you think about this? :) Cause there we can find all the amazing ideas and they dont get lost! :)