Custom Jumpgates?

Bio

Hi there.

I could not find anything about it yet, so i need to ask: Is it possible to replace all default Jumpgates with Custom ones? I really don't like the default square ones and would like to have somthing more .. epic.

Thanks in advance.

You should look at the "Borg Conquest and Assimilation" mod on the steam workshop it doenst have custom gates but you can open a destructible wormhole to your home sector that have a "plan" so it could be a start to jumpgates with custom "plans", look at the thebeacon.lua script in entity folder that where it starts...

• 1 month later...

I cleared out a sector of all stations and it had a gate owned by that faction.  So, it still costs money to go through it.  I wonder, is there a way I can board the gate to make it mine?  Or destroy it ?

Well, it’s more about who controls the sector that it leads to as to ownership.  Also, even after destroying all ships and stations, it’ll still classify that sector as owned by the previous faction. You should be able to take control by building a single station yourself.