Mining ships won't refine

Kelevra

I've had this issue a few times:

I sent my mining ships to mine and after that to refine the ores. I do that with chain commands via the map commands holding shift.

They will do (sometimes) the mining correctly and then fly to refine, but in some cases they get stuck in the refining-docking status. They won't do anything until I give them a command to fly to a new sector and choose a different resource depot to refine (they even have a transport system with 3k range)

Canceling and redoing just the commands in the same sector don't work..

The AI may have some problems here with positioning?

• 3 weeks later...

Still bugging in the latest version. The ship's status is idle, and there is a neutral Resource Depot on the miner's sector.

Also if i switch into that sector in my drone and tell it to go refine, the miner won't move an inch until i move the drone a few pixels out of its way. It doesn't attempt to path around me or rotate ship or anything, but it will at least refine it that way. Just the remote sector command doesn't work.

Had the issue here too. Can't order my ships to refine via the map.

The only way workaround is go into the sector and order them to refine via Interact (F).

On an other note, it seems that "Selling to Stations" order isn't working either. So it's worth looking if all the starmap ordering are functioning correctly.

[EDIT] Hey, I found a workaround for this bug for the time being. You have to make sure the refine ore order is *not* in the last queue. Just enchain command to "jump" in the sector they are already in to temporarily fix this.