Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

It's Official - Avorion Leaving Early Access on March 9th 2020

koonschi

• Boxelware Team

0e70d5c85affab48e2a40df7a25ed613e1bdc770.png

Official 1.0 Release Date: March 9th 2020

It's official! We're happy to break the news that Avorion will be leaving Early Access on March 9th, 2020!

The Road to 1.0

Until March 9th, there are a few more things to do:

Polishing, Balancing, Bugfixing

Feature Freeze at Boxelware! This week we have started focusing on polishing things up. All the most important features are now in (at least in our dev-build) and we're polishing things up. Fixing bugs, adding more QoL features and balancing. We will dedicate 90% of our time until release on that to bring you a product that has 1.0 quality and not just Early Access quality.

Generator Update

We're currently finalizing the most important update of all: The generator update. We want to set it live as soon as we can to get tons of feedback and to see if everything works fine. In case you don't know what the update is about, check this out: https://steamcommunity.com/games/445220/announcements/detail/3455884364089992667

b37d836f945fa8d5a2394b91851409ab2082755d.jpg

We wanted to release it this week, but sadly we won't make it. The generator itself is working perfectly fine, but there's some stuff around it that still needs some work (factions saving their own styles, shipyards, etc). We're hoping to bring it to you next week on the beta branch!

Endgame Content

We have several Endgame related features in the making that will be released soon (maybe at the same time as the generator rework). These include faction economy and faction eradication, as well as more more bosses and one major, galaxy-wide end-game event. But we don't want to spoil too much just yet, so stay tuned!

What happens after 1.0?

Probably the most important thing for the majority: We're far from done with Avorion! After 1.0 we're planning on releasing both free updates and a few larger DLC updates. We plan on developing new content updates for the game for at least one year, and supporting the game for at least one more year after that. Much longer if things go well. We love working on Avorion and we love the engaged community that formed around the game! We don't want to just let all that go away.

As such, one of the first updates to come after 1.0 will be a free update where we're implementing tons of small "feature-creep" features that have been suggested by the community and that we really loved, but that just didn't make it into the 1.0 version.

I can't wait to see what that galaxy wide end game event is!  Maybe something to do with defeating the guardian?  Also, super stoked for the generator update.  It will make the galaxy so much more vibrant than the stick armadas!

Hope the release goes well for you all, this game deserves more recognition and I hope release brings more people to the community!  I'd love to see full servers and more amzing ship builds. 

Good luck with balancing and fine tuning as well, I know that must be a headache.  I'm sure it will turn out great, though.  Feel free to check out my post in the suggestions if you want some ideas on combat balancing  ;D ;)

Hell yeah I'm so excited! <3

I'm so looking forward to some fighter updates!

-More commands (repair and automated attacks etc)

-Transfer whole squad buttons

-Move squad up and down buttons for organizing squadrons

-Grouping fighter squads like weapons

-better docking (automated docking after 1 minute of failure in docking approach)

And so much more!

You're doing a great job on avorion :)

Im happy for you guys that you want to call it a 1.0 release, but is that being honest with the customer?

I love Avorion, been playing for over 3 years, but i think giving yourselves 30 days to ''complete'' the 1.0 version of the game so you can tell everyone the base game is DONE, was giving yourselves not enough time and is maybe not entirely truthful. I could be totally wrong here (please make me wrong! I want to be wrong here!) , but this fan of the game having watched your current development speed over these years...i am worried you have lost the passion to continue development.

• 2 weeks later...

Im happy for you guys that you want to call it a 1.0 release, but is that being honest with the customer?

I love Avorion, been playing for over 3 years, but i think giving yourselves 30 days to ''complete'' the 1.0 version of the game so you can tell everyone the base game is DONE, was giving yourselves not enough time and is maybe not entirely truthful. I could be totally wrong here (please make me wrong! I want to be wrong here!) , but this fan of the game having watched your current development speed over these years...i am worried you have lost the passion to continue development.

Still have played this more than I have ever played Anthem for which I paid much more money on and it was "Officially Released."