Cargo Shuttles and Trading don't work as intended

Kelevra

Hello, I know this is an issue others have also reported but it keeps annoying me so I will write down my version of the issues..

I tried to use cargo shuttles to connect my stations and mines and I started the production chain while my shuttles and pilots capacity was not yet full. I kept adding new shuttles and pilots but after maybe 16-20 shuttles no more joined them on their business to carry the stuff around. Can't even tell exact numbers because it is different with every station, but no more then 2 squadrons of cargo shuttles start operating.

Then I read through the forums to find an alternative and some suggested to take a ship with automated commands (chain commands) and I used a buy goods A, sell goods A, buy B, sell B in a system with coal and scrap metal and a steel manufacturer. The first try it started the chain (but didn't transport anything) and then kept redoing only scrap metal (still without transport just jumping through the chain commands) until I canceled. The next tries went so that I couldn't even start the chain because he insta completed the buy/sell commands that I couldn't select the chain commands in time (impossible with that selection window and shift clicking).

Still can't do more than watching my 100 cargo shuttles with pilots resting in the hagar bay.. Tried to add more and more hangars, even very big ones that all of them would have more than enough space to fit inside but it's not the size of the hangars..

I hope my description was precise enough to reconstruct the problem and maybe finding a solution :)