Hyperspace recharge

FuryoftheStars

I mentioned this in the post for the 0.31 beta, but figured I might as well make an "official" feedback post on it, too.

While I do like the base reduction in recharge times for hyperspace, I don't like the fact that all ships - big and small - have the same recharge times, now.  It also doesn't make a lot of sense to me having the recharge time vary based on the content of the sector.

I think the hyperspace recharge time should be short for small craft (maybe even shorter than now for something the size of the drone), but then should get longer with larger craft.  The time it takes for these ships to recharge should be unaffected by the content of the sector you are in.

What should be affected by the content of the sector you are in (and maybe even take where you're jumping to into consideration, especially if it's near/over a rift) is the jump calculation time.  Have that be quick for empty sectors, a little longer for sectors with something in it, and even longer when hostiles are present (if it's felt to be necessary, which I'm not too sold on, especially if large ship recharge times are increased).

IMO, especially seems we have the ability to create whole fleets of ships, the small ones should be used for quick sector to sector scouting while the large ones sit in wait for something worthy of their attention to be discovered.

I too think that recharge time should depend on a ship size. 15-slot huge capital ships should have significantly bigger recharge time even if heavilly equipped with Hyperspace upgrades. This will force players to use smaller ships which will give some chances for the NPC. Right now players just build huge ships that outscale NPC ships.

Lowering cooldown in empty sectors kinda makes sense game-wise (so people wouldn't get bored) but this creates a problem - now it's much easier for players to beeline to the barrier ignoring all iron-trinium content.

jump calculation time

Jump calculation time is actually sector loading/generation. It depends on server hardware.

Jump calculation time is actually sector loading/generation. It depends on server hardware.

Ah, ok.  I always figured this was happening during the loading screen.

I think it takes my computer 2 seconds or less usually to calculate the jump route.  Anyone know what the "average" is?  Still, I think it'd make more sense if jump calculation had a minimum time of 5-10 secs, variable based on the factors of the sectors, but would take sector generation into account so you weren't waiting generation time + the additional time.  Just which ever was greater.

Edit: Spelling?  Grammar?  What ever it is that means "I used completely wrong words."  lol  Had "were wanting generation time" instead of "weren't waiting generation time". :P