Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

Use of Goods for Fighters and Torpedoes

Kelevra

Suggestion

At the moment goods are only good for trading and building turrets. There is no other need for them, unfortunately.. Because goods are a nice mechanic to provide more depth to the already existing gameplay

Imagine the costs for fighters would be lower in raw materials and instead one had to go buy some thrusters, antennas and fusion reactors to manufacture them. That would also increase the need of your own industry line as one may not be willigg to jump an buy the stuff all the time and your own industry now is more than just making money..

A bit more realistic

As I'm talking about fighters, I would also love to see them vary in their actual size, depending on their theoretical size in the stats. And a cargoahuttle of size 8 should maybe be able to carry 8 goods? What about that? :)

Another suggestion would be that torpedoes are craft able by the player himself.. It's pretty annoying to search for the right torpedoes all the time and then only to find 30 of them for the next fight

I'd be nice to set a station for crafting torpedoes and defining which one to make by the input of Goods, and the amount and the quality etc, similar to how turrets are crafted

There are so many goods available, or possible to think of to make this run! Warheads, Rocket fuel etc..

And one could just dock at the station an fill one's torpedo cargo with fresh pre-made torps :)

Conclusion: more use of industry and goods that are already in the game, more freedom for the player in customization, more variation, more realism

Hope you like my thought? Leave a comment!

Greetings

5 answers to this suggestion

With a suggestion like mine I guess some other features would have to be reworked or balanced to not cause any frustration ^^

The trading is still very clumsy and not welcoming unexpierienced players at all..

But when one finally reaches the trinium sector when we can theoretically build Fighters you may already have explored some areas for the fabrications etc

Well, to be honest, in reality you'd never be going around and trying to buy the supplies yourself to have the factory manufacturer something, anyway.  The factory would take your order in, then would get the needed supplies from their established suppliers (which are going to sell to them much cheaper than to you), manufacture your order, then would give it to you.

While you could get the supplies yourself, why would you?  Sure, you pay less to the factory, but you'd pay more in the long run from getting all the supplies yourself.

I like in particular the "torpedo factory" idea. since it is hard to get enough of the same great torpedo you found once. and those could be built with good, indeed.

IN fact, I share the same opinion on goods on game, more could be done with them, I feel you spend most the time ignoring them or just pirating them for a easy profit. but I have no suggestions regarding the subject though.