Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

New Ship Generator Teaser Trailer

koonschi

• Boxelware Team

We reworked the ship generator - check out the teaser trailer!

Date: January 17th, 2020

New Ship Generator Teaser Trailer

Ships are generated based on so-called "Faction Styles". Our goal is that players can recognize a faction by their ships. That means that all ships of a faction have similar visual properties. That includes the color and structure of the ship, and also visual features like spikes. In addition, a faction can have multiple types of ships, which among themselves are very similar to each other, but not completely alike.

Compared to the old ship generator (not shown here), the new generator can create much prettier ships that are very distinguishable from each other. The new generator will also be moddable.

Leaving Early Access in Q1 2020

More news: We now settled on a time frame when we're planning to leave Early Access - Q1 2020! While it's really hard to pick an arbitrary point where we you can declare a sandbox game as "finished", Avorion is nearing its feature completion in one way in particular: As the vision I had of it when I first imagined it.

But don't worry! If you're thinking that now that's it with Avorion, that we're done, then you couldn't be more wrong! We love working on Avorion and we love the community that formed around the game.

We're going to actively support the game with free updates and some DLCs for at least 2 years after release. Depending on how well it goes for us financially, it might be longer.

The road to 1.0

So that's that for now! Until the 1.0 release we have a couple more updates planned. We'll give you more info on that in another news post next week. And then after that there's going to be a period of relentless bugfixing, polishing and balancing, to get rid of all the obnoxious issues that are okay for an Early Access game, but not a 1.0 version.

New Ship Generator looks awesome.

I have a few questions:

[*]Will new Ship Generator apply to station generation as well? And if yes, will stations have slightly different style/set of styles in order to better distinguish them and just because logically there is a difference between moving battleship and a habitat?

[*]Will new Ship Generator do better job at creating fully capable ships? Because the current one often creates plans that lack thrust, rotation or acceleration and while it would be logical for a trader ship, slow military ships aren't very effective :)

[*]Speaking of military ships and stats - current generator doesn't care about protecting vulnerable important blocks like generators and batteries. Is there a chance that new generator will try to protect them will hull or armor (at least for military ships and military outpost stations)?

The New Ship Generator does make much better looking ships... I would still never use any of them, but at least it will be easier to tell what is a ship and what is wreckage. XD

I still really hate how there is no way to make copies of a turret. After an update resets all the turret factories there is no way to get more of a turret that I really liked from this one factory other then a like 1/1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 chance that RNGesus makes it drop from a pirate ship I kill.

There needs to be a way to copy/blueprint turrets so a turret design we want all our ships to have is not just lost forever when a new update hits. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Will it be possible to produce ships with own designs at Shipyards without mods in the future? Would be great to have that extra option available when building ships :)

I love the new generator and I'm looking forward to see all those beauties xD