Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

0.30 Burst Fire is broken

deadok

Game version: Beta 0.30 r19012 e6e24eaa0998

So, I stumbled upon a turret factory, that offered launcher with 'burst fire' that pushed 4k dps whereas other factories/gun types struggles to to reach 1k (usually around 300-600) at where I am.

Usually that means that someone wants to rip me off  and, as expected, it only fired 6 rockets before overheating (while tooltip says 7).

Jokes aside, according to turretgenerator.lua Burst Fire:

- for plasma guns - gives burst dps around 2x-3x from 'base raw'* , but (since it sets shooting time to 1 and cooling time to 3-4 seconds) sustained DPS** becomes  25%-33% lower than 'base raw'.

-for fast shooting weapons (fire rate of 3/s+) - gives sustained dps of 33% to 125% (depening on random) higher than 'base raw'

-for slow shooting weapons (fire rate less than 2/s) - gives sustained dps of 125% to 1306%*** (yep, 14x times more) higher than 'base raw'

* 'base raw' is damagePerShot  *  fireRate (before 'Burst Fire' is applied, ignoring overheat)

** sustained dps - includes overheat

*** specifically: 36 * d^2 / (1 + 6*d), where d - fire delay (or 1/base fire rate), meaning that slow weapons gets bigger boost

ps/

Can I get my 7th rocket back pretty please?