0.30 Burst Fire is broken

deadok

Game version: Beta 0.30 r19012 e6e24eaa0998

So, I stumbled upon a turret factory, that offered launcher with 'burst fire' that pushed 4k dps whereas other factories/gun types struggles to to reach 1k (usually around 300-600) at where I am.

Usually that means that someone wants to rip me off  and, as expected, it only fired 6 rockets before overheating (while tooltip says 7).

Jokes aside, according to turretgenerator.lua Burst Fire:

- for plasma guns - gives burst dps around 2x-3x from 'base raw'* , but (since it sets shooting time to 1 and cooling time to 3-4 seconds) sustained DPS** becomes  25%-33% lower than 'base raw'.

-for fast shooting weapons (fire rate of 3/s+) - gives sustained dps of 33% to 125% (depening on random) higher than 'base raw'

-for slow shooting weapons (fire rate less than 2/s) - gives sustained dps of 125% to 1306%*** (yep, 14x times more) higher than 'base raw'

* 'base raw' is damagePerShot  *  fireRate (before 'Burst Fire' is applied, ignoring overheat)

** sustained dps - includes overheat

*** specifically: 36 * d^2 / (1 + 6*d), where d - fire delay (or 1/base fire rate), meaning that slow weapons gets bigger boost

ps/

Can I get my 7th rocket back pretty please?