Fps issues.

xaropalis

While this may be coincidence your the second person to report issues with

16gb ram

A 1060

And a 83xx AMD CPU.

The other person had windows 10.

I will reply here in a bit with a few things that may be worth trying.

I apologize ahead of time as I am not sure where your PC knowledge level is but here.is a few things to check.

Mouse trails or custom cursors? Sometimes and oddly can cause fps issues.

Any sort of weird dpi scaling set in windows?

Also, sounds odd as well, are you able to log and verify your video card clocks go up when you start the game?

And...can try setting windows mode, full screen, window full screen.

My last resort recommendation is to try the old clean boot.  So only essential windows services and drivers are loaded. (Not safe mode).

Basically standard startup but with non of the extras.

(BEFORE DOING CLEAN BOOT, I posted again with a few things you check and try before hand below.)

Full disclaimer: only do it if your confident and know what your doing. Dont be offended, I just have no idea of your PC knowledge level, you also may have done this already or know more than me- but just trying to help. If after clean boot still no go, then could be a bug specific to your PC config.

Clean boot info because I'm too lazy to type it out:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-boot-windows-10?amp

Also fair warning, if you overclock hardware etc, may want to make sure the specific softwares for temp control and over clock monitoring are not disabled, or set thing to non overclock in case those very softwares are somehow conflicting. AV software also sometimes gets a little angry and will throw warning that spyware is trying to disable your system.

Lastly if you rely on AV make sure to turn everything back on (also on webpage on how to re-enable everything) before browsing the internet etc.

If still no go, post dx diag and hopefully devs can help out.

Sorry for the late reply i didn't notice you had replied.

I have no mouse trails or cursors.

No dpi scaling.

Clocks do go up.

I have shuffled through window modes no difference.

Already done a clean boot.

Im guessing the issue could be one of the mods used on the server im connecting.

Hi,

have you checked your Firewall/Antivirus/Internet-Security? There's some software out there, that doesn't know Avorion... Behaviour-Analysis and so on could cause some load on your PC.

What's about your internet-connection? Are you using some kind of Router that might allow traffic-shaping?

Just for the sake of clarity, is your computer stationary or a laptop? Many laptops have a function to impede the performance of processing hardware to avoid overheat, which I think can be disabled in BIOS setup (perhaps even in Windows settings, but not so sure).

This was the only way it happened to me in the past, and I have a fairly similar hardware setup to yours right now, but it is a stationary PC. I have never seen any similar issues with any of the games I've played so far.

Hi,

... Many laptops have a function to impede the performance of processing hardware to avoid overheat, which I think can be disabled in BIOS setup (perhaps even in Windows settings, but not so sure).

not just laptops. AMD called it Cool'n'Quiet (Intel ACPI). There should be settings in the BIOS/UEFI, target- and maximum-temperatures and so on.

Hi,

have you checked your Firewall/Antivirus/Internet-Security? There's some software out there, that doesn't know Avorion... Behaviour-Analysis and so on could cause some load on your PC.

What's about your internet-connection? Are you using some kind of Router that might allow traffic-shaping?

Already have, no issues there.

Ahh devil is in the details, you did say you login to a server.

How about when you start your own game for solo play, any issues then?

Same thing happens in solo.

Just for the sake of clarity, is your computer stationary or a laptop? Many laptops have a function to impede the performance of processing hardware to avoid overheat, which I think can be disabled in BIOS setup (perhaps even in Windows settings, but not so sure).

This was the only way it happened to me in the past, and I have a fairly similar hardware setup to yours right now, but it is a stationary PC. I have never seen any similar issues with any of the games I've played so far.

Im on a stationary computer, water cooled max cpu temp on full load is 35c.

Cool n Quiet turned off power settings set to maximum performance, cpu is not throttling.

What i noticed is that when this happens gpu usage drops to really low percentages but i have no integrated gpu and default gpu is already set to the one i use. I wonder why i also get audio artifacts and glitches on a stedy repeating pattern.

• 1 month later...

Here's a video of it that I recorded: 

Processor: i7-8700K 4.8GHz

Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming LGA1151

Video Card: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 Ti AMP Extreme Core Edition 11GB GDDR5X

Memory: Corsair CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 (PC4-25600) C16 Desktop Memory Black

Power Supply: ASUS Rog Thor 1200 Certified 1200W Fully-Modular RGB Power Supply with LiveDash OLED Panel

Primary HDD: WD Black 1TB High-Performance NVMe PCIe Internal SSD - M.2 2280, 8 Gb/s - WDS100T2X0C

Other HDD: 1TB PNY SSD

Other HDD: 4TB Seagate SSHD

Case: Thermaltake View 71 RGB 4-Sided Tempered Glass Vertical GPU Modular E-ATX Gaming Full Tower Computer Case

CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Floe Triple Riing RGB 360 TT Premium Edition PWM TR4 AM4 LGA2066 Ready AIO Liquid Cooling System 360mm