Cheats?

Real cheats as in the command line or the chat window do not exist. You can alter the savegames, if you really want to. They're located in your AppData folder.

Do I have to use a program to alter these files?

I really wanna know how far I can go with unlimited resources.

• 3 years later...

Rylo - while in game, just hit ENTER and use the /give command if you are doing a single player game or you are the admin of a multi player game.

/give <yourname> 10000 credits

/give <yourname> 10000 titanium

This is a way for you to mess around without being in creative mode.

Tried opening the player_1 file with Notepad++ and the file is full of NUL's and stuff.

Then the files are no longer stored in text form, which is readable by humans, but rather in binary form. You won't be able to open and read binary files as easily.

Just try the ingame chat solutions posted by the other people :)

As far as cheating and modifying the game to our personal preferences, something which some players may be overlooking is the server.ini file inside the Galaxy folder. I named my galaxy "Zerkov" and this folder was located:

C:\Users\ [username] \AppData\Roaming\Avorion\galaxies\Zerkov

And here is my server.ini file:

[Game]
Seed=Zerkov
Difficulity=-1
InfiniteResources=false
CollisionDamage=0.25
LootDiminishingFactor=0.00499999989
ResourceDropChance=0.400000006
TurretDropChanceFromTurret=0.0250000004
TurretDropChanceFromCraft=0.25
TurretDropChanceFromBlock=0.00499999989
SystemDropChanceFromCraft=0.200000003
SystemDropChanceFromBlock=0.00499999989
ColorDropChanceFromCraft=0.0500000007
ColorDropChanceFromBlock=0.00249999994
sameStartSector=true
startUpScript=data/scripts/server/server.lua
startSectorScript=startsector
[system]
saveInterval=600
sectorUpdateTimeLimit=300
emptySectorUpdateInterval=0.5
workerThreads=3
weakUpdate=true
[Networking]
port=27000
broadcastInterval=5
isPublic=false
isListed=false
useSteam=true
[Administration]
maxPlayers=10
name=Thundercraft's Server
description=An Avorion Server
accessListMode=Blacklist

Because I really want to see turrets drop from craft a lot more often, I've since modified TurretDropChanceFromCraft from 0.25 to 0.5, which should double the chance.

I also set ColorDropChanceFromCraft and ColorDropChanceFromBlock both to "0.0", because I really hate how it does that.

(I think it's kind of silly that damaged and wrecked ships drop paint. Also, it's frustrating because dropped paint gets my hopes up, yet paint seems worthless and distracts me from collecting good stuff like modules and resources.)

• 1 year later...

No, you need a normal file editor only. I can recommend Notepad++, it's basically windows notepad in much better.

heres a sample of what i saw when i looked at player file †ôóš:[„âÊ1Xì…M .,üà™ŒS>èޮOUZ¯jƒÔwÏÁmžx¢P°­Õ˜òÉA%;Ú

Ö-,NÙ‚UH«Þa„볉7·är©[ê'ìLýÄ›9roáFp¹‰õ±4ë/2ó¹»kjÜž°Õªt¹™OXvýE8c£ð¢‹V>ƒ×@q8Q«|âØE¨M3;Xh·ãP)½Á!êgN­w=výÔ™–BÒ÷T¶™íeƒ§B†eßOÛ¦7¸6°>mDÎüÝ·‡f­¹t`Q™eV:Ž7=ã£&YnŒC/ßJ5(Áç¡E¸e`s%°

îâ9Œ°/à`ÎÁ\`e±#жsHU/5l4&­´ÝäM?[zßðo-ý/ã7¿W÷â(¶»†A¶Ø¹bžÍA¬ŽjÇ lÅaŽí`£döPÎ4VŠ5¡êú¹W«‹œTÇõM:×­JGwfò"E"ŽûÜMûÜ9$©_¿x8Y°¡”6[‰çtŠh5朹sf‰â~xéjùB]yéçŠ~Húì^ÒËÑ?¯ý¹Átvê—O”§ëà,̦)تW6´ùƒ=ÂÙ÷‰{Ç©&Âì^¦ýyb]dú‚Íêð‚ðœðŠj^¥´<Ì„Ã1g›j sÄkÆQÎWÛ¹Au?fóƒ“dä<~ð°;r>?.àÇGÝÕ

ÏÝs^–Ž†˜X˜±{®—£rªOÔ¦ÂMsfº¯ÛLÙâ¤&Ùj¦ŠiÓž‘.&ú%qÊ÷7i%µ:ÃÜÂnfŸ

Rylo - while in game, just hit ENTER and use the /give command if you are doing a single player game or you are the admin of a multi player game.

/give <yourname> 10000 credits

/give <yourname> 10000 titanium

This is a way for you to mess around without being in creative mode.

wait heck theres a creative mode??????????????

The server.ini contains both the InfiniteResources boolean (which I think happens to be the "creative mode", which does not give you resources but instead makes everything free and sets stations to have hilarious amounts of crew), and the DevMode boolean (which can let you use the

and the "Guns Guns Guns" cheat command inside, which predictably spawns guns (one for every rarity if I recall).)

Creative Mode can also be set at galaxy creation.

Thundercraft's file seems small.

Not sure if posted already, but typing this command into chat will add the debug menu as an icon on the upper right side of your screen, giving you access to a ton of commands.

/run Entity():addScript("lib/entitydbg.lua")