Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

0.30 OP Cannon Ships

icycooladdict

Occasionally cannon based ships are spawned with amazing power. Currently playing veteran difficulty and already visited the core. I have lots of core materials/guns/etc. Was visiting outside the core for some stuff when a group of Xsotan warped in. The cannon ship one-shotted my 200mil credit ship with over 1.6E6 shield. I easily tank huge groups in that area. Seems like there's an outlier with damage output lurking the spawning algorithm. Love all the new changes except this one.

• 3 weeks later...

I actually just found a turret factory myself in trinium zone that has 20k hit capability for cannons just in the blue category.  Haven't gotten enough rep to get the higher rarity one, a little scared to see what they do.

I wonder if cannons got a bit of a buff due to the fact that they aren't a hit scan weapons so it should matter more when they hit...but sounds like rng has an outlier somewhere that  makes them stronger then intended.

I can confirm.  There are npc purate ships in the trinium zone too which have 150k omicron and huge burst damage.  They 1 shot several stations I was using for trade.  I like the buff to cannons, just not to this extent.