Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

0.29.5 Continues to use massive amounts of outgoing bandwidth per player.

Goshen

https://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,5964.0.html

https://www.avorion.net/forum/index.php/topic,6061.0.html

I wiped our world, and started the server with 0.29.5, verified there was no transfer using nload and during login the outgoing bandwidth shot to 10 mb/s and stayed at 700-900 kBit/s.  Something is streaming continuously from the server.  I was not moving, and it was a fresh world.

I will keep the ProsperCraft server down until this is fixed, I can't justify that much bandwidth used per player when I have a lot of players on.

99d4707943a152c1e15e76515b94a855.png

This issue needs resolution Avorion team.

The game costs too much bandwidth per player...it's at a breakpoint level.

We have seen bandwidth of a single player reach 5-15mb/s. That means 1 player costs the equivelant of watching x3 1080p videostreams at the same time, it's unsustainable and we cant run servers under these conditions if we want to be in good standing with our internet service providers.

• 3 weeks later...

Disabling:

sendStatsToAdmins=false

Cuts out several hundred kb a sec about 200-300 on my single login.

In a busy sector with a 50k block ship not doing anything I averaged 200-300 kb a sec sitting there. With sendadminstats=true it shot up to 600-700 easy while idle.

Releasing three squadrons of fighters upped that another 200-300 kb but fighters don't sit still.

In sector switching did see a few larger spikes but that was to be expected.

All of this testing was done on a Windows 10 Lan server (separate from my gaming PC, avorian runs on seperate physical server.) I use the term Average loosely as there were brief spikes on occasion.

Version tested on was Beta Patch 0.30.

Thanks!

(Edited a few times because phone auto-correct thinks it is smarter than me...probably is.)