Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

[0.29.2] and CentOS 7.7-1908

brut3force

Hey all,

after the update to version 0.29.2 I can't start the avorion server because of missing/older libraries:

./bin/AvorionServer: /lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.20' not found (required by ./bin/AvorionServer)
./bin/AvorionServer: /lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found (required by ./bin/AvorionServer)

After searching I found out that GLIBCXX_3.4.19 is the newest C++ library that is supported on CentOS 7. Unfortunately there is no way to upgrade the libraries manually and no way to upgrade from CentOS 7 to CentOS 8 without reinstalling.

Is there a workaround? Or do I need to reinstall my server with CentOS 8?

Cheers

brut3force

Hey brut3force,

I apologize for the inconvenience. This must have been caused by an internal update of ours.

One possible way to fix that problem is to run the server in the official steam runtime:

• Download the latest 'steam-runtime.tar.xz' from http://repo.steampowered.com/steamrt-images-scout/snapshots/
  • Exctract it to a folder of your choice
  • On a command line, execute the script './setup.sh' in the steam runtime folder. This will adjust the steam runtime to work with your system. It is not necessary to run this command as root, as it will only change files inside of the steam runtime folder.
  • Now, open your server's server.sh and search for the line './bin/AvorionServer ...'. Modify it so that it now starts with '<steam-rt>/run.sh ./bin/AvorionServer ...', where '<steam-rt>' is the path of the steam runtime directory.

I would appreciate a quick feedback of whether or not this worked.

Greetings,

Martin

• 2 weeks later...