Welcome to the Forum!

The best place to exchange builds and ideas! Vote for the best ideas and suggestions here.

Join the Avorion Discord!

Connect with other passionate players and talk about the latest news.
Discord

DLC Avorion Into the Rift Out Now!

Now available on Steam!
Steam

[0.29.2.xxx] Tiny client side update, file missing server side.

Rogon

Got a very small 13kb update in Steam, updated server even though I didn't see anything new and now we're getting --

[2019-11-28 22:54:35]: ./bin/AvorionServer: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found (required by ./bin/AvorionServer)[2019-11-28 22:54:35] [NodePanel]: Game server process offline.

Hey Rogon!

I apologize for the inconvenience, this must have been caused by an internal update of ours.

You didnt tell me your operating system, so I assume Ubuntu 14.04 or older. This operating system  version seems to be missing some libraries required to run the server.

Luckily, there is a workaround that should fix your problem. You seem to be missing the required gcc5 libraries, and you can install them like this:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-toolchain-r/test
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install gcc-5 g++-5

I would appreciate a quick feedback if this fixed your problem.

Greetings,

Martin

Another possible fix we found was to run the server in the official steam runtime environment:

• Download the latest 'steam-runtime.tar.xz' from http://repo.steampowered.com/steamrt-images-scout/snapshots/
  • Exctract it to a folder of your choice
  • On a command line, execute the script './setup.sh' in the steam runtime folder. This will adjust the steam runtime to work with your system. It is not necessary to run this command as root, as it will only change files inside of the steam runtime folder.
  • Now, open your server's server.sh and search for the line './bin/AvorionServer ...'. Modify it so that it now starts with '<steam-rt>/run.sh ./bin/AvorionServer ...', where '<steam-rt>' is the path of the steam runtime directory.

Again, if this helped, I would appreciate a quick feedback.

Greetings,

Martin