0.29.1 Looping Server Crashes (hung galaxy, can't interact with anything)

tystarchius

Heyo,

I host a dedicated server on the beta 0.29.1 and tonight while we were playing it started hanging and crashing. In the console all i can see is this:

22:31:56  [info] Triggered saving of all server data.

22:32:58  [info] Sending crash report ...

22:33:05  [info] Crash report sent successfully!

22:34:05  [info] Sending crash report ...

22:34:12  [info] Crash report sent successfully!

22:35:13  [info] Sending crash report ...

22:35:20  [info] Crash report sent successfully!

22:36:20  [info] Sending crash report ...

22:36:27  [info] Crash report sent successfully!

22:37:28  [info] Sending crash report ...

22:37:35  [info] Crash report sent successfully!

22:38:35  [info] Sending crash report ...

22:38:42  [info] Crash report sent successfully!

22:39:43  [info] Sending crash report ...

22:39:53  [info] Crash report sent successfully!

22:40:53  [info] Sending crash report ...

22:41:01  [info] Crash report sent successfully!

22:42:01  [info] Sending crash report ...

22:42:08  [info] Crash report sent successfully!

22:43:08  [info] Sending crash report ...

22:43:16  [info] Crash report sent successfully!

But there isn't a crash report. Restarting the server buys about 5 to 10 minutes of time before it hangs again and we lose our progress. There doesn't seem to be a cause of this but it without a doubt happens every single time the server is started.  This actually happened to us on all previous versions of the game at some point and has never been fixed so i don't think it's an issue with the beta.

It's weird, the server doesn't kick us and we can fly around. But we can't talk in chat or interact with anything at all.

This is really weird that you are getting this now.  We had this same thing a few times in the past including 0.29.0.xxx but the latest 0.29.1.xxx has cleared it up for us. 

We read something about an item iD, or a bad handler somewhere in your galaxy causing this.  That said, we found relief after abandoning all the tutorial missions and destroying Lady Adventurous BUT that is only anecdotal.  We were seeing errors with FleetCommand.lua in the console but we aren't seeing that anymore.  .027.0 was bad, .0.27.1 was good,  0.28.xxx was too short lived as we jumped into the beta, 0.29.0.xxx was exactly what you are currently experiencing but it all cleared up in 0.29.1

My only suggestion is to have everyone delete that Lady and kill the missions but like I said, we did this so haphazardly there is no real evidence this was the problem; could have been coincidence.