Less Spam from Ship Orders & Delay Option

Fenrir

Suggestion

Could we get an Option to silence our captains?

I would like to put my salvager in my sector on a loop for salvaging & refining.

But if there are no targets i get 200 messages per second.

Another problem is when you have an alliance with some automated miner:

They just don't stop spaming.

How about an extra Window for Ship Log and an option per Ship to send messages to the log?

Also an Wait command would be nice for loops. My miner dosn't need to jump through the sectors every second. It would be enough every hour or two after some asteroids respawned...

6 answers to this suggestion

I'm currently encountering this problem at a server Alliance...the guy who have permission to manage ships left the alliance miningship on a loop and now it continously spawns messages about not finding any more asteroids and I don't have permission to give it an order....kinda nasty  :-\

jB83Clw.jpg

Only helps in some situations, but when you set a ship to one task (like salvage), you don’t need to create a loop for it.  If there are no valid targets, it’ll wait until there is and then resume that task. It’ll spam the chat a lot less often (once every 10 mins?).

However, note that I have seen a bug with mining (and possibly salvaging) orders that if issued from the map screen, they can often only mine (or salvage) one object, then stop. The work around here is to merely be in the same sector as them then issue the order through the interact menu when you target them.  There’s also a mod out there that attempts to fix this issue, though I’m not sure how good it is.

Right now the ship order system is absolute garbage! We need a system more like the schedule for trains in Factorio or like something you see in other games with trains. You should be able to click on a ship and see a small window that shows it's list of orders that you can add and remove orders to as well as move them up or down in the order of operations. This system also needs to have many sub options for every order you give a ship. So if you give an order to 'jump to sector' then 'mine asteroids'. You pick the sector you want it to jump to, then for 'mine asteroids' you have the options to 'mine all ores', 'only (selected ore here)' then other conditions like mine until: 'X time as passed', 'X amount of ore in cargo', 'cargo is full', 'no more ore detected' Then you should be able to add in "IF", "ELSE", "AND", "OR" etc... statements. So you can have a mining ship set to 'jump to sector' then 'mine ore' until 'no more ore detected' "OR" 'cargo full' Then set a condition. "IF" 'no more ore detected' ->'jump to sector'/'next order' "IF" 'cargo full' -> 'jump to sector' and the sector you pick for this "IF" statement will be one with a refinery that you can then give the ship orders to 'dock' and 'refine ores'. After that you can set it to 'skip to order' which will let you pick a number from the list of orders to execute next. So you could have it jump to the next sector it would have if it didn't get it's cargo full and continue it's mining loop, or have it start the loop over if you picked 'skip to order #1'.

There should also be an option to turn off notices and add in your own. So you can have your ships send you whatever message you want it to say if the conditions you set are met and you could even set up a loop so it will send the message every 10 minutes or however long or short you want it.

Right now I just don't give my ships orders to do anything but patrol the sector I am in. Because the way you give ships orders right now just doesn't work and is terrible! XD   

Right now the ship order system is absolute garbage! We need a system more like the schedule for trains in Factorio or like something you see in other games with trains. You should be able to click on a ship and see a small window that shows it's list of orders that you can add and remove orders to as well as move them up or down in the order of operations. This system also needs to have many sub options for every order you give a ship. So if you give an order to 'jump to sector' then 'mine asteroids'. You pick the sector you want it to jump to, then for 'mine asteroids' you have the options to 'mine all ores', 'only (selected ore here)' then other conditions like mine until: 'X time as passed', 'X amount of ore in cargo', 'cargo is full', 'no more ore detected' Then you should be able to add in "IF", "ELSE", "AND", "OR" etc... statements. So you can have a mining ship set to 'jump to sector' then 'mine ore' until 'no more ore detected' "OR" 'cargo full' Then set a condition. "IF" 'no more ore detected' ->'jump to sector'/'next order' "IF" 'cargo full' -> 'jump to sector' and the sector you pick for this "IF" statement will be one with a refinery that you can then give the ship orders to 'dock' and 'refine ores'. After that you can set it to 'skip to order' which will let you pick a number from the list of orders to execute next. So you could have it jump to the next sector it would have if it didn't get it's cargo full and continue it's mining loop, or have it start the loop over if you picked 'skip to order #1'.

There should also be an option to turn off notices and add in your own. So you can have your ships send you whatever message you want it to say if the conditions you set are met and you could even set up a loop so it will send the message every 10 minutes or however long or short you want it.

Right now I just don't give my ships orders to do anything but patrol the sector I am in. Because the way you give ships orders right now just doesn't work and is terrible! XD 

i support all of this